• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Good luck everyone. Be safe. This will be my first year bow hunting and I'm pretty excited about it. I have put a lot of time in practicing and watching deer. Now I just need some luck.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    Happy hunting. I too am a greenfield native sitting in a tree this morning myself.

I am glad to be outdoors. Rut is a while off but now that you are bow hunting you will get to see some heavy action in the coming weeks.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Going tomorrow morning. Was hoping that there were some pictures posted.

I love early bow season. Usually see something new in the woods every year, other than deer.

Love when I have squirrels less than 2 feet from me or when I had a hawk almost land on the front bar of my stand.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It rained here a lot today. Between the rain and the mosquitoes, I can't imagine trying to sit out in a tree stand.

Be safe and wear your harness. DNR already responded to one hunter who fell when a strap holding his stand let go. He lost his phone in the fall and couldn't even call for help.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    Day one in the books. Foggy here this morning but no rain. No luck, but tomorrow is another day.

Landon,

are you a boilermaker?

I saw around 40 deer. Nothing big enough to shoot. Had a nice doe at 8 yards but she had a yangster with her and it looked like it wanted more of moms milk for a few more weeks.

These bucks were sparring at about 300 yards. Took the pic through rangefinder...sorry for the poor quality. Still a great day to be chasing tail.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My little brother kept going deer hunting with me, for years. He could not figure out why I would always take deer, and he could not. I kept coaching and encouraging him. A few years ago it finally turned. Now he likes to take 3 or 4 per year, because he and his wife eat a lot of deer meat. He moved down around Martinsville last year and took 3 on his own property. He bought a crossbow a couple weeks ago so he could take his deer before it gets cold. Last night he called me. He was in the house when he saw a couple does. He made his way out beside a big tree in his side yard and took his first deer of the season. If there are any frustrated because you have been unsuccessful, hang in there. And be safe.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have time off this week to go and I think I may get out a couple of mornings, I like getting out and want to see what's about. I went back to pull the card on my camera last night and there were a couple of doe I didn't want to run off so I left it. I will say though, in the stand or not I'm excited to see what's about!

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    My little brother kept going deer hunting with me, for years. He could not figure out why I would always take deer, and he could not. I kept coaching and encouraging him. A few years ago it finally turned. Now he likes to take 3 or 4 per year, because he and his wife eat a lot of deer meat. He moved down around Martinsville last year and took 3 on his own property. He bought a crossbow a couple weeks ago so he could take his deer before it gets cold. Last night he called me. He was in the house when he saw a couple does. He made his way out beside a big tree in his side yard and took his first deer of the season. If there are any frustrated because you have been unsuccessful, hang in there. And be safe.

I hear you. I got a late start in deer hunting and this will be my third season. My first season I did not see a deer at all. Last year I saw a small doe and that was the only deer I saw all season. Well last night I had two does and a fawn come in. Its amazing how your heart jumps in your throat, I actually had to tell myself to calm down and breath. I was able to gather myself and get a shot off, but unfortunately I missed low. It was great to finally see some deer and get an opportunity. I've learned from my first chance and it will better prepare me for the next opportunity.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    according to my camera, I walked in while the deer were milling around approx. 50' from my stand. Last photo, the one had his head turned back like he wanted to see what was coming nearby

Other than that, I did not see anything all morning. By looking at the game cameras, the deer are moving starting around 5:30pm and all through the night

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Saw this guy on the cameras after season last year, glad to see that he's back.

:yesway:

I have a few nice ones still being seen around here. I had one not long ago that I am sure I have never seen before. Haven't seen him again so he must have just been passing through.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Had a great opening morning. Shot a doe at 7:50, saw 6 doe all together. 3 bucks came through and 2 long beards. Long beards busted me. I went back to the house to get the kids to help retrieve the doe. I heard her crash and knew where she was, just wanted to get the kids involved with trailing. The kiddos tracked her down and the coyotes beat us to her. The had already destroyed the hind quarters from butt to femur. The front 1/4 where the arrow exited was gone and entire right side of ribs exposed. War has started!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Had a great opening morning. Shot a doe at 7:50, saw 6 doe all together. 3 bucks came through and 2 long beards. Long beards busted me. I went back to the house to get the kids to help retrieve the doe. I heard her crash and knew where she was, just wanted to get the kids involved with trailing. The kiddos tracked her down and the coyotes beat us to her. The had already destroyed the hind quarters from butt to femur. The front 1/4 where the arrow exited was gone and entire right side of ribs exposed. War has started!!

Shoot those stupid coyotes!! :ar15: That is just depressing...

Top Bottom