• ...and so much more!
  • BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith
    Hello Guys,

I've been doing precision shooting many years, but never do any hunting. Recently, I was trying to do some coyote hunting, but have no idea about where to go? Any recommendation of property? Public or private? I'm in NWI area. Thanks!

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I would head down to Newton and Benton counties and knock farmers doors. I am sure you will be allowed to coyote hunt where ever you want.

Those ditches and small wood lots are full of coyotes. I pheasant hunt that area and I cannot remember a day in the field when we didn't jump at least on song dog and many times more than one.

I know a farmer near Tab who has 3,000+ acres. He allows a traveling group of trappers from PA work his property every year. last time I checked with him he told me they had trapped over 300 on his property in less than 2 weeks. I thought that was amazing.

w2k0311

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Wanamaker
    I have actually picked up more ground by going to the "coffee stops" at 0500 in the morning during the week. Most of the old farmers I grew up working for are long gone, but the tradition of drinking coffee socially at 0500 hasn't stopped. Most people are very receptive to yote hunters in rural Indiana. Good luck

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I live in southern Lake and see coyote and red fox all the time. Have yet to find a place to hunt anything. You got to know someone. Sold my gear and stick to the range these days. Would love a fox mount next to my yote.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I have actually picked up more ground by going to the "coffee stops" at 0500 in the morning during the week. Most of the old farmers I grew up working for are long gone, but the tradition of drinking coffee socially at 0500 hasn't stopped. Most people are very receptive to yote hunters in rural Indiana. Good luck

Good advice. I took a trip to SD a few years ago to do some pheasant hunting. We figured we would do the public and walk in areas and one paid hunt. Went to the diner in town early one morning for breakfast and met a few guys. One guy asked us to join him to eat.

Had a nice conversation and he told us he had about 3800 acres of farm fround and if we were looking to hunt pheasants to come over and he would show us where.

He took us out to a good spot and said if we didn't limit there to stop back at the house and he would take us to another spot. Cool old guy. We invited him to the house we rented for some beers and pizza later that night and had a ball.

And we did limit.

Top Bottom