Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Woohoo!!!! First tick of the year!

Went out and did my bird feeders this morning, came back in and started getting breakfast ready. Felt a little tickle on my back and reached back to itch it, felt a small lump. Pinched the lump and got it off then looked to see what it was. A tick. YES! I was so worried that none had survived our severely severe winter. In all seriousness tho, I think this is the earliest I've found a tick. Guess its time to break out the permanone.

Yep, I found one on our lab a little over a week ago. Probably safe to say we'll see an abundance of little blood suckers this year due to the mild Winter.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil,

and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.

Marksman
    Been finding deer ticks since first week of February. Luckily none of them were stuck, just crawling up my pants.

Plinker
    I had a tick yesterday. This is the earliest for me as well. I guess I will dump a load of triazicide this weekend. I hate ticks!

one of the only things the world would be truly better off without
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

Sharpshooter
    Maybe we'll camp more in the northern half of the state. At least they got snow and freezing temperatures for a few days this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by johntheplinker View Post
    Went out and did my bird feeders this morning, came back in and started getting breakfast ready. Felt a little tickle on my back and reached back to itch it, felt a small lump. Pinched the lump and got it off then looked to see what it was. A tick. YES! I was so worried that none had survived our severely severe winter. In all seriousness tho, I think this is the earliest I've found a tick. Guess its time to break out the permanone.
    John, I think Indiucky plans to turn his new place in Perry County into a tick ranch.

You might want to save any future finds for his breeding stock. I'm certain he would reward you generously!!

Livin' in the sticks!!!! ghitch75's Avatar
    butchered a bull last weekend and he had 2 on his balls.......wasn't lookin' for them just seen them....
    "I got a shotgun,rifle and 4 wheel drive and country boy can survive!!!"

This upcoming weekend might put a hurting on the tick population, but unfortunately its going to be awful on the trees. There won't be many acorns or hickory nuts for the deer and squirrels come late summer/fall. The fruit trees in the orchard are also going to get hit pretty hard.
    Trevor | NRA Life Member

Indiucky, Across the river from Kentuckiana
    Quote Originally Posted by mkgr22 View Post
    John, I think Indiucky plans to turn his new place in Perry County into a tick ranch.

You might want to save any future finds for his breeding stock. I'm certain he would reward you generously!!
    Yeah John...Cull me out a couple of good breeders....The one's I got now I think need some new genes....With the new property I hope to get my herd up to 1-2 million head...
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast