• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I thought that this CDAC was supposed to include - "In addition to local hunters, CDACs are expected to include representation from agriculture, forestry, local government, tourism, transportation, non-consumptive users, and a disease monitoring organization.

Looked like all deer hunters to me.. Right or wrong?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I thought that this CDAC was supposed to include - "In addition to local hunters, CDACs are expected to include representation from agriculture, forestry, local government, tourism, transportation, non-consumptive users, and a disease monitoring organization.

The in the Under Armor Sweat Top might not be a hunters, aren't hunters boycotting UA?

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008

Is there a reason people from agriculture,forestry,local government,tourism etc. can't be hunters?

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Is there a reason people from agriculture,forestry,local government,tourism etc. can't be hunters?
    Then why not just have all hunters.....sort of defeats it propose if everyone is a hunter! :rolleyes:

Ever known a Deer hunter that didn't want to see more deer while hunting?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :popcorn:

I'm curious about the main motivation? Bigger trophy bucks?

Honestly, still have a bad taste in my mouth from the second buck of the season taken from me a couple years after the large investment of my lifetime license.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County

No reason at all, but in this case and the previous CDAC it is all hunters, right? Contrary to some beliefs The deer do not just belong to us hunters.

There are LOTS to pick apart in the article, but suffice to say there are many errors..

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Reasonable chances of success while hunting would be my guess at what most are interested in.

That is a pretty broad statement and means different things to different people. I have several friends that normally kill 3-5 deer apiece per year who want the antlerless quotas reduced because they only killed 2 deer a piece last year. I know others that want the quotas reduced because they didn't see 3-5 deer per hunt. Voluntary restraint seems to be a largely foreign concept no matter who I talk to.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    That is a pretty broad statement and means different things to different people. I have several friends that normally kill 3-5 deer apiece per year who want the antlerless quotas reduced because they only killed 2 deer a piece last year. I know others that want the quotas reduced because they didn't see 3-5 deer per hunt. Voluntary restraint seems to be a largely foreign concept no matter who I talk to.

BINGO!!

I saw one post on FaceBook where a hunter said he used to see 20 deer a 3 hour sit and now is lucky if he sees that many all day. HUH?!?!

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    BINGO!!

I saw one post on FaceBook where a hunter said he used to see 20 deer a 3 hour sit and now is lucky if he sees that many all day. HUH?!?!

Some days I might see two or three. Most days I see none. We have our own property so we are pretty captive to where we can hunt. I wouldn't know how to act if I saw 20 deer in a day. I most likely would think the end of the world was coming.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    BINGO!!

Well, I have seen 24 deer in a day of hunting.... once. Most years that would be 1/3 to 1/2 half of my yearly total.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom