• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    That is something.Crappie fishing rocks.I got custom green LED lights built from a man in Florida last year.Each light has about 200 bulbs in them. They draw bait fish,and Craps like a magnet.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    This is gonna be a stretch but . . . . . we can't bait deer or turkey, or spotlight deer for that matter, but we can bring the crappie to the light ! !

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    This is gonna be a stretch but . . . . . we can't bait deer or turkey, or spotlight deer for that matter, but we can bring the crappie to the light ! !
    I would have equated using a light to draw crappie to being more like using scent wicks to draw deer; and when thought of like that, there appears to be parity in policy.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    In the early 60"s my grandfather would take me and my brother there fishing. We would always bring home a Styrofoam cooler full of nice crappie. We caught most of the fish not far from the county dock. I once asked my grandfather, an avid fisherman all his life, why that spot. He told me it used to be a dump and held fish. I don't remember having much luck any other spot or for anything other than crappie. Of course, there were few if any houses, nothing like today.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    In the early 60"s my grandfather would take me and my brother there fishing. We would always bring home a Styrofoam cooler full of nice crappie. We caught most of the fish not far from the county dock. I once asked my grandfather, an avid fisherman all his life, why that spot. He told me it used to be a dump and held fish. I don't remember having much luck any other spot or for anything other than crappie. Of course, there were few if any houses, nothing like today.

If it were a dump, most likely there was "trash" that provided structure for the crappie to relate to. It doesn't take much. An old tire, a refrigerator, or anything that makes it different from the surrounding area can give the fish something to relate to.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    We moved to the east side of Indy in 1960 and dad and I fished Geist every weekend.
    Huge crappie and bass back then.

Dock fees slowed me down but fishing is still excellent there.

Top Bottom