• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I'll be down in that area in June. Any recommendations on where to fish and what to take? I know some places is fly rod only. I've fished there and Cherekee in Sept a few years ago. Didn't catch anything. But I remember I needed different licenses for different places and some places were fly only.

Thanks
    Jason

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It has been many years, but I had bass fished in Douglas Reservoir on foot and did pretty well, but again been many years, since I did that. We were able to rent a jon boat one year there as well, but don't remember the outfitter's name. There were also some guides, etc that you could connect with and maybe do some smallie fishing in the Little Pigeon River.

Last edited:

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's been probably 20 years since I've been fishing down that way. My parents got my brother and I a guide for a wade trip. I could not tell you where we were, but there seemed to be pretty good access to the river we were fishing. We would hole jump by jumping back into his truck and driving a few miles through the mountains to the next hole. We were fly fishing, using nymphs under a indicator (bobber).

If you like to fly fish, I would imagine they'll be some sort of hatch in the mornings and evenings as well, if you wanted to throw dries. I'm guessing a 3 or 4 wt rod would be the sweet spot, unless you go "blue lining," which a 0 or 1 would be good. Heck, I'd imagine a Tenkara rod would be sweet (if you're into that sort of thing).

I want to go back with my son and camp/fish in the GSMNP at some point.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    From what I'm seeing I can use spinning. But no live baits, and no treble hooks. So that limits me to spinners and jigs or single hooks plastics. I'm fine with that. I might take the fly rod anyway. I might have to look for a guide down there. Not sure how much that will cost.

Jason

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    From what I'm seeing I can use spinning. But no live baits, and no treble hooks. So that limits me to spinners and jigs or single hooks plastics. I'm fine with that. I might take the fly rod anyway. I might have to look for a guide down there. Not sure how much that will cost.

Jason

Not sure about the regs at all. I would assume a half day guided wade trip is going to be in the $300 range. Full day, probably $450. Not sure about float trips, but the usual is around $600 for a full day guided. This does not include tip, and other incidentals. For example, in FL, the guide provides flies and the boat, you bring the guide lunch. Out west, the guide usually does lunch and you bring flies. It varies, so if you go that route, just ask.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Allensville road North of Sevierville on 66 will take you to Douglas with alot of shore fishing if the lake level is up.Should be by June.It is good for Crappie.It is deeper to the right bank. The road will turn to dirt. I will be back there in 2 weeks.

Top Bottom