Hogs/Boars - TN or GA - Recommendations Please!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToddR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm seeking recommendations on hog/boar hunt outfitters in either TN or GA. I've googled quite a bit and it's getting frustrating. Has anyone had a good to great experience with outfitters in either GA or TN? I'd like to know which guide company that you used. HAPPY FRIDAY!

BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Crooked Creek in Jamestown TN. It has several years since I have been there. Nice bunk house, hogs are processed and frozen on sight.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Wife and I whacked some pigs in TN at Loshbough hunting range. It was decent. Been about 7 years ago.

Had a better time in FL at Little Lake Lodge. Guides were better and so we're the hogs.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Wife and I whacked some pigs in TN at Loshbough hunting range. It was decent. Been about 7 years ago.

Had a better time in FL at Little Lake Lodge. Guides were better and so we're the hogs.
    Me and some buddies went with Daniel Loshbough during a spring break trip 20 years ago. Welcomed us with a qt of Moonshine when we arrived. Good people down there. We bow hunted the swine and all killed.

The pigs from southern Indiana are far better eating than the ones we killed down there.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I used 243 with 100grn remington corelokt bang flop.

Used my AR in 223. Pig ran about thirty yards and expired.

Poped them on the run in the head from swamp buggy with 38spl revolver. All bang flop hits to the head.

12ga with slugs lays wast to them. It's hilarious!

It totally doesn't matter. Dead is dead. If I was to head out today and do it again I would go for my 300blk or 20ga with slugs. Leave the scopes at home. Most shots are up close in the dark woods. If you have a good old lever action that would also be a decent choice. Good idea to have a side arm to finish one off if need be or if the long gun fails.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    The Jamestown has had good hog hunting for the last 50 + years.Fentress co,Overton,and Cumberland l would say are the best.My bro lives 20 miles west of Jamestown,and they are a problem everywhere.

Top Bottom