• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am starting to look for a good place for a group camping trip/fishing. Our group will be 10-12 people ranging from 6 - 63yo. I'm not too interested in state parks unless they have a special area for groups. My experience with state parks has been small campsites.
    We have camped at Lake Waveland in the past and have had good times there. The downside with Lake Waveland for us would be, there's just not really any good place to fish from on the bank. Don't have a boat so I gotta find somewhere we can fish.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Most of the state parks have group camping facilities. We take our scout troop to the Rally Camping area of McCormick's Creek a couple times a year. Essentially it's a wide open area where you can spread out. We usually have 10 - 12 tents setup. There is no flush toilet, electric, or shower house and one water spigot up by the vault toilets...so it's primitive camping.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Lake Monroe has several camping areas that years ago my son and I and a good friend used. Don`t remember now the name of the one we used regularly, maybe Paynetown, but they had both primitive, as well as sites with electrical availability. Plenty of campsites there.

Top Bottom