• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I believe ours is still residing in the Jefferson Proving Ground.
    The DNR released a statement this week that he's out of hibernation and on the move. They must know where he was hibernating for them to know he's on the move. Hopefully he heads back to Kentucky and finds his mate.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The DNR released a statement this week that he's out of hibernation and on the move. They must know where he was hibernating for them to know he's on the move. Hopefully he heads back to Kentucky and finds his mate.

I want video of his fat ass swimming the Ohio! :laugh:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Hopefully the mate makes it to indiana so that they can start the repopulation.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Let's hope a young sow makes here way from south to north across the river and finds him to make plenty of cubs.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My family and I went hiking down at O'Bannon Woods State Park last weekend.

The knowledge that there was at least ONE black bear in Indiana was on my mind - though I knew that individual wasn't physically near where we were.

And then Indy's thread about copperheads came to mind - and the fact that we were hiking in an area not too terribly far from HIS property.

But, thankfully, it was WAY too chilly the day we were out for snakes to have been any issue - especially copperheads.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    He found someone to love it seems...

My buddy has a cabin/camp near Uniontown on the Muscatatuck River....He was checking his deer stand this past weekend and noticed scratch marks about 7 feet up on a nearby tree....He asked one of his neighbors about it and his neighbor laughed and said "Check this out" and showed my buddy his trail cam pics....Two adult bears.....

They're here...I bet will have some in Perry County within the next ten years....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom