Looking for the best places to turkey hunt?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I opened this thread expecting to find a list of states which open their turkey season before the breeding season is over. Maybe that's why it isn't called "Top 10 turkey killing destinations".

You're more likely to have a gobblers smash through your windshield than see one strutting during season. Might as well push it off until June, the birds will be doing the exact same thing they'll be doing on April 26th.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Us hill folk down here seem to do pretty good on that.......Which may explain all of the absentee property owners we have from Fort Wayne and Indianapolis where we are at.....

Down the road from us are some gents from Fort Wayne....I see them three times a year...Turkey, deer, and a good week in winter hunting and trapping coyotes....We treat them like locals.....Good guys and treat the land they own (plus the land they hunt on) with respect....

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have a location in Morgan Monroe I scouted out after multiple dawn gobble listening trips. Hopefully there won't be someone else parked there Wednesday morning...

Top Bottom