• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Anybody fish Summit Lake? I am looking for a place to do some fishing but I don't have a boat so I need room on a bank. Just recently heard of this lake and other than crummy pay lakes, don't know where to go

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I live in New Castle and just went there for the first time last year with the wife. There is a place to rent boats if you want.

We tried fishing from the shore around the boat ramp and didn't catch a thing. Once we got on the boat, we stayed close to shore left of the boat ramp and we caught some decent largemouth.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I have fished it a few times with limited results. One nice part about Summit is even if every other body of water is flooded and a big muddy mess Summit will still be clear. This is cause by two major factors. The design of the incoming water shed and the Zebra Mussels. Yes Summit has been infected so please clean your boat after fishing it.

I have caught bass and walleye out of Summit and have seen a LOT of people trolling it for walleye.

Good luck to you.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well I'm willing to give it a shot. Don't have to worry about cleaning my boat since I don't have one. My brother is camping there with the scout troop he volunteers with this weekend. Hopefully he can check it out a little more

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Big blue gill, nice perch, and excellent bass fishing. Lake will be prime right now for some nice bass and gills. I didn't know about the perch until I got into them fishing for the huge gills.
    The big gills usually hold UNDER the weed cover and you'll have to punch your live bait through the deep water weeds. I've got a lot of gills in the 2 lb class. They'll destroy a lt weight rig and 8lb Stren.
    Good lake, wind can be an issue as it's a bowl.

Top Bottom