• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Fishing license costs $19.38 this year, thanks to a $1.00 tech fee, and $1.38 cc/ach fee.

Guess it is easier to tack on fees, then raise the price.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Fishing license costs $19.38 this year, thanks to a $1.00 tech fee, and $1.38 cc/ach fee.

Guess it is easier to tack on fees, then raise the price.

It's aggravating but it's worth it to be able to get your license from the comfort of your home, anytime you like. I'm old enough to remember working at a mom & pop store that happened to sell licenses when I was in high school. On the eve of the start of fishing season and especially deer season, the guys driving up just after closing time, hoping to get a license at the last second -- I bet they'd given us a lot more than $2.38 to open the store back up and sell them a license.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was living in Tennessee at the time and ours were something like that. It was sad the folks that would wait until the last minute...oh, and yeah, "What do you mean you've run out?" Good thing about the on-line service is they don't run out of licenses on that pad. :D

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I usually buy the hunting/fishing license combo and just get it at Walmart since i don't have a printer. Stupid though that we have to pay to fish or hunt in my opinion, but hey, I guess the government owns everything and charges as they see fit

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    [Stupid though that we have to pay to fish or hunt in my opinion, but hey, I guess the government owns everything and charges as they see fit[/QUOTE]

I've heard a a lot of people say that the last few years. Personally I don't mind buying a huntung/fishing license. It's just another way of helping do my part to take care of our resources.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Some guys carp (pun!) about the price but when you get see or volunteer to restock, the smile can't be wiped off of your face.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I usually buy the hunting/fishing license combo and just get it at Walmart since i don't have a printer. Stupid though that we have to pay to fish or hunt in my opinion, but hey, I guess the government owns everything and charges as they see fit

The monies collected help pay the costs associated with the management of fish and game in the state. It takes a concerted effort, and there are costs associated with, keeping the herds healthy, attempting to keep poaching in check, and all the other things necessary to protect our Indiana fish and game. Most of us don`t give fish and game a thought until we`re ready to cast a line, or climb up into a tree stand, but, the work to maintain and protect our resource goes on 24/7.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I paid dearly for it, but before they did away with them, I bought the comprehensive Lifetime Hunting and fishing license. Great investment, as I hunt nearly everything in Indiana.

Got mine when I graduated HS for $708.75. Curious how much I would've spent on licenses over the last 20yrs.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I noticed the extra charges aswell. What you going to do?

I picked up fishing as a cheaper alternative to shooting. Boat license and lake permit, trailer license, fishing license with trout salmon stamp. Not to mention tackle, and ice and whatever else. Lot of work and money just to leave the doc. What am I doing?!

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Just a heads up if you have a smart phone you can buy your license online and just use the digital copy. I usually print enough to keep in all of my vehicles but its nice to have a copy on my phone. Dan

Top Bottom