• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I had a little bit of action but never took a shot. Early morning I had 3 hens and a 2 year old tom working. He never gobbled once, when I would call he would strut but was totally mute. I had a good shot at him but, would have had to shot left handed. I didn't think it was worth it for a young bird on opening morning. Then farmer came in and busted them up.
    I headed down the road about 5 miles and had some more action. 2 toms gobbled at every call I made, I called them across a power line and they entered the woods about 60 yards up from me. I think if I would have been able to set up my decoys I would have had one of them, but they were alreday gobbling when I got there so no time for a good setup. I moved and tried to head them off but they seemed to lose interest, it was after 10:00 so I wrapped it up, I have to be at work at noon.
    I'll try again Saturday.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I had a little bit of action but never took a shot. Early morning I had 3 hens and a 2 year old tom working. He never gobbled once, when I would call he would strut but was totally mute. I had a good shot at him but, would have had to shot left handed. I didn't think it was worth it for a young bird on opening morning. Then farmer came in and busted them up.
    I headed down the road about 5 miles and had some more action. 2 toms gobbled at every call I made, I called them across a power line and they entered the woods about 60 yards up from me. I think if I would have been able to set up my decoys I would have had one of them, but they were alreday gobbling when I got there so no time for a good setup. I moved and tried to head them off but they seemed to lose interest, it was after 10:00 so I wrapped it up, I have to be at work at noon.
    I'll try again Saturday.

Good deal! So close!

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I had three gobbling back at me in what sounded like a group. As I was slowly trying to close the gap to set up I heard someone with a box call right where the three had been gobbling. No more gobbling after that. Typical day of hunting in state forest here in Morgan County.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Not a turkey hunter myself, but we have lots of them in the woods behind our house. I especially hear them at night or early in the morning when I am out with my dog.

This morning, right at dawn, I heard a gunshot just north of my place back in the woods and then about an hour later another one south of me. Think a couple of them may have been taken.

Top Bottom