• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AIRGUN NUT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    GALVESTON
    I WORK AT A GUN STORE AND AM HEARING MORE AND MORE INTEREST IN AIRGUNS SO I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW MANY OF US AIRGUNNERS THERE REALLY ARE IN INDIANA?

ANY PICS OF GAME TAKEN OR EQUIPMENT USED ARE WELCOME.

IMG_0268.jpg

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I have a .25 Benjamin Marauder and love it! Used on squirrel's the last two seasons and killed 70+ each year.Quiet,scary accurate and much safer shooting up than a regular .22,of which I have over a dozen.The Marauder will consistantly hit thumb tacks at 25 yards,and shoot 1/2" or less at 50 yards if the wind isn't to bad.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The air rifles of today, especially the quality pre-charged pneumatics, are far more powerful than the old Red Rider and pump guns of our youth.
    The above mentioned .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder is nearly as powerful as a .22 LR, but the flared skirt pellets used with it lose velocity rapidly and drop to earth harmlessly in only a couple of hundred yards, which does indeed make them safer to shoot up into the trees than any regular firearm.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Probably a lot than you think. There is a dozen or more of us in my area. I've been using airguns for almost all my small game hunting for several years now. The pcp guns are much more powerful and accurate than most spring guns so they are what gets used the most. I still like my spring guns and occasionally take them hunting. From this past fall. RWS52 .177.

My new favorite, Cricket bullpup .25 cal. Shoots 34 gr pellets at 875 fps.
    I've probably owned a hundred different airguns over the years and this cricket is one of the best.

Redleg11b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2017
    Goshen/Elkhart
    I recently picked up a Benjamin dual caliber (177/22) springer on sale for $99. I have only shot it about 150 times, but plan on putting about 1k through it before switching to a better scope. My plan is small game and maybe a few close range groundhogs if I can locate a property to get permission on. I haven't used one for hunting since the late 90's getting rid of pigeons and rats on a Florida farm. I am looking forward to having fun with one again.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have used my Gamo rifle to get rid of many rabbits and muskrats around my house. Very little noise and do not have to worry about them traveling beyond 150 yards with much potential to do any harm. Within 25 yards, it is deadly. Would be good to use for squirrel hunting.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I've got a gamo fusion whisper elite. Original scope took a crap early on and now wears a Nikon 2-7x30. Its amazingly accurate out to 50 yards. I haven't pushed it any further than that. I shoot most squirrels in the eye. Pigman was shooting hogs at a feeder on tv and I said I've got to get one of those and went and bought one.

Top Bottom