• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Well, turkey season is over...I piddled around, and missed prime crappie fishing from the shore. It`s months before Indiana`s archery season for white-tail deer opens, and even until time to go check straps on ladder stands and trim shooting lanes. So, what next? How will you spend this in-between time? Will you do some catfishing? Some squirrel hunting? Some Mourning Dove hunting in September? For me, turkey season and white hunting in all seasons is huge, but what will you all do `till then?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This is the biggest reason I miss living in Texas. It seemed like there was almost always something going on to keep you occupied outdoors. In all fairness I had a good friend with a bass boat which helped tremendously but it still seemed to have more to offer as far as fishing and hunting.

For us we'll be working on our food plots and I'm putting together plans for a zipline bridge to get us across the creek and into one of our plots quietly when season comes. We've got a family vacation in Sandusky, OH in June and I'm' hoping to take a charter for walleye but that'll probably be the extent of my fishing for the year.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    This is the biggest reason I miss living in Texas. It seemed like there was almost always something going on to keep you occupied outdoors. In all fairness I had a good friend with a bass boat which helped tremendously but it still seemed to have more to offer as far as fishing and hunting.

For us we'll be working on our food plots and I'm putting together plans for a zipline bridge to get us across the creek and into one of our plots quietly when season comes. We've got a family vacation in Sandusky, OH in June and I'm' hoping to take a charter for walleye but that'll probably be the extent of my fishing for the year.

Lucky dog. I`ve been on a half dozen walleye charters on Lake Erie, and loved them all. Lot`s of tasty walleye fillets to bring back home, and a great time to boot!

Pretty cool about the zipline too.

Last edited:

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I have 3 more ASA national tournaments this summer plus shooting some around the state. Between these tourneys we have a few family trips planned. I'm sure the wife and I will ride the Harley some, play a little golf, along with all of the normal house chores. It will be a busy summer.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have 3 more ASA national tournaments this summer plus shooting some around the state. Between these tourneys we have a few family trips planned. I'm sure the wife and I will ride the Harley some, play a little golf, along with all of the normal house chores. It will be a busy summer.

Too much work mentioned in there...:):...yeah, I know, the chores are always available here too. That`s why I try to focus on the hunting and fishing stuff.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Shooting bows,muzzleloaders and rifles. Reloading and fletching arrows.

Copy that. I just had a new Leupold scope mounted on my 552, and need to zero that. Need to mabye change the strings and cables on my crossbow, then shoot it. Need to check the zero on my muzzleloader as well as my Ruger 30-06. Plenty to do.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm just hoping to get to go shooting a little more. (Or at all the way it's been going lately!). We have a cluster of family events from April thru most of May (birthdays and Mothers Day) which keep me chomping at the bit to get out and do something. I've got 3 rifles and a pistol that I haven't even shot yet, and a couple more rifles that need to be sighted in. :( Hoping to go camping down at Lake Monroe this coming weekend. Started "de-winterizing" the boat yesterday and will probably do a little more to get it ready today.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I'm just hoping to get to go shooting a little more. (Or at all the way it's been going lately!). We have a cluster of family events from April thru most of May (birthdays and Mothers Day) which keep me chomping at the bit to get out and do something. I've got 3 rifles and a pistol that I haven't even shot yet, and a couple more rifles that need to be sighted in. :( Hoping to go camping down at Lake Monroe this coming weekend. Started "de-winterizing" the boat yesterday and will probably do a little more to get it ready today.

Similar here, between birthdays, anniversaries, graduations & weddings, I've not been to a range in ~6 weeks. Have recently stamped SBR & Hybrid Suppressor recently out of NFA jail that need tested.

Maybe this weekend? Picked up lots of landscaping stuff @ Menards yesterday, so maybe not.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Throughout the summer I will try to spend as much time shooting my bow and rifles and running trail cameras as I can. I will also fit in some fishing and already have a week of salt water fishing scheduled for early September. I'll probably try to make it up to Michigan City once or twice for steelhead and salmon too.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Just bought a new project bike, so I'll be spending some weeks going through the top end, fixing some oil leaks, and going through the fuel system. Once done, I'll be riding motorcycles and floating rivers the rest of the summer.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    All good stuff I`m hearing so far...

I might try to catch a few channel cats. Will do some squirrel hunting late September or early October. Once it`s cool enough that the deer might be moving a little more, I`ll be dedicated to a tree or ground blind. Which means of course, trimming shooting lanes for the ladderstands, and popping up ground blinds. Other than that, it will be sharpening knives, de-scenting camo, and getting all the gear ready.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Just added another to the work list......yard cleanup. We had nasty storms and winds yesterday evening. Had one tree split and fall onto the neighbors fence and a big branch fell on the hood of my truck. This puts off my wife and I going fishing today.

Top Bottom