• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Last Thursday afternoon I went into the kitchen to get a drink of water, looked out the window above the sink, lo and behold, there's 2 good sized coyotes out in the middle of the yard. First reaction was GRRRRRR!!!!! then I'm like, get a rifle!, get a rifle! So I did. First thought was grab an AR but in the rush I couldn't remember what ammo is zeroed with, so I grabbed my T3.
    Went back to the kitchen and the yotes were still there so I slloowwllyy opened the window and ran the barrel out the gap. I waited until they were lined up one behind the other hoping for a 2 for 1 special. Squeezed the trigger, BOOM, yote in front dropped like it had been hit with an anvil dropped from helicopter at 500 feet. I mean straight down, not a twitch. Second stood there for a second looking at it then got a real OH @#$% look on it's face and hauled tail out of there before I could get another round chambered. Should of had the AR, I seriously doubt a slight difference of zero would have made much difference at 20 yards.
    Went out to take a look at it. Bullet hit right where I wanted, severed the spine right under the head but no exit. Dang 55 grain HP exploded when it hit bone, just like it should have. BTW, AR mag had 64 grain soft points in it, those would have made an exit and quite possibly made it a 2 for 1.
    Here's a couple of pics of one that's killed his last. Oh, and while I was taking the pics a turkey was right in the edge of the woods putting up a storm.
    SAM_0845_zpsezskskvh.jpg

IMG_20170622_163901_307_zpsflyy2t6r.jpg

IMG_20170622_163845_338_zpss5szot9n.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Never knew what hit him.
    The joys of living in the country, with lots of distance between yourself and other humans, right?

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    Nice, job. I also live in the sticks and have shot a lot of varmits from the house. Anything that will eat my chickens, goats, rabbits, and garden gets shot on sight.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Never knew what hit him.
    The joys of living in the country, with lots of distance between yourself and other humans, right?

Damn straight!

Great job! Every less one of those b*stards is an improvement to the world!

My thoughts exactly.

Nice shot. Did he just finish pinching that loaf by his rear legs? Or were you just that excited?

lol. No, that was the yote. I think it was getting ready to drop a deuce, and when the bullet hit it just kinda sped things up.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yote just got lucky here today. He was running across a field and stopped. The problem is that I know that there are houses in the woods behind him but I was not certain enough about the locations to turn loose 00 buck in the general direction of people and places that do not need ventilated.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    johntheplinker's back yard is full of wildlife!

Front yard too! We've got coming in on a regular basis: 3 or 4 possums, 2 mama coons with their little ones, a couple of other coons without babies, have as many as 7 squirrels hitting the feeders, several deer ranging from fawns to some nice bucks, 1 tom turkey and a hen with about 8 poults, then there's mess of variety of birds, snakes, lizards, toads, and God only knows what else.

BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Good hunting. Neighbor had a Tea-cup Yorkie snatched out of their back yard last weekend. Found the remains the following morning.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good hunting. Neighbor had a Tea-cup Yorkie snatched out of their back yard last weekend. Found the remains the following morning.

Yeah, damn coyotes are pretty indiscriminate on what they catch. Last winter a couple up the road lost 2 boxers, one about 2 weeks after the other. I've now got permission to coyote hunt on their place any time I want.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    We had some predators get into chickens last year. My Son had the pleasure of dispatching one at 186yds +/-. 40g nosler over W748 always make for a nice presentation.

Nice shootin' there johntheplinker. :ingo:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Might have got another one, in front this time. Happened to look down towards the front of the yard this afternoon and there was another one snooping around. Grabbed the AR this time, got the window opened, yote saw or heard that and started to slink back towards the woods. It paused for a second near some forsythia bushes and I let fly. Saw its back end drop down a little then it took off. Shot felt good but I was not real steady, had to lay across the arm of the couch and didn't have any thing to rest my elbows on, just a real uncomfortable position with my upper body lower than my legs. Found a little blood near where it was when I shot then a few more drops here and there where it traveled into the woods then down hill towards the creek. Lost the trail after about 30 yards. Heard a couple of squirrels down in the creek raising cain about something down there. The carried on for quite a while too. I chalk this one up as a maybe. Gonna keep an eye out for buzzards the next couple of days.

Oh, and before anybody says it, if I gut shot it or whatever and it crawled off to a slow lingering death, I really don't care. All I care about is that it ain't coming back.

Top Bottom