• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I am not much of a fan of snakes, but I am smart enough to walk away and leave them alone, my friend however insist on picking them up and bothering them, this is the first snake I have seen just casually stroll into the barn, so I found a photo op , thanks to a zoom lens I wasn't getting that close.
    He was rattling his tail like he was a rattlesnake and even took a few strikes at my friend until he got relocated outside.
    If it helps his belly was completely white, my friend said he thought it was strange, and most likely just a young snake.

View attachment 56807 View attachment 56808 View attachment 56809 View attachment 56810 View attachment 56810

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Delwin is probably right about the ID.
    What a handsome devil, too.
    Glad that you let him go to continue performing his vermin elimination missions.
    You won't regret that.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    the snakes will will be seeking out two things in a barn like that. A meal or an easy sun to shade living enviroment to control body temp. We used to have a barn red painted 4x8 sheet of steel siding back in the field behind the house awaiting some type of redeployment. It was there for quite some time. The local snakes would be under it in the afternoon and on top on the mornings. They loved that thing. We don't seem to get black racers just your normal black rat snakes but some can get longer than me an easy 6-7 foot snake.

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I seen this for the first time ever, what looked to be a male & female black snake mating. Defiantly something you don't see everyday...

snakes.jpg

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I seen this for the first time ever, what looked to be a male & female black snake mating. Defiantly something you don't see everyday...

snakes.jpg

Great picture, right place, right time. When I used to breed corn and king snakes, mine would be ready to breed very soon after coming out of hibernation. I can't remember exactly when they mated, but I do remember that the eggs usually hatched at about this part of June/July. Was that picture taken earlier in the season?

Top Bottom