Saw 4 bucks last night about 10:15... Nice. Looked like some had velvet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    1-8, 1-6 or 8 pt., 1-4pt and 1-spike.

A pair of the larger ones stood up and did the dance at each other as they seemed to be 'fighting'.

Nice to see in July. All looked healthy.

Youth season is only 2+ months away!

:ingo:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Bucks horns should still grow a bit till the aug full moon according to the old wives tails.

The male groups will start to go into loner status beening in oct. sometimes (old bucks) never group up.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Bucks horns should still grow a bit till the aug full moon according to the old wives tails.

The male groups will start to go into loner status beening in oct. sometimes (old bucks) never group up.
    Yes, seeing the same on our cameras. The old bucks are still going loner and the young bucks are hanging out like best buddies. Like you said that will change come fall.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They are still grouped up here, and all still in velvet as well. I enjoy watching them, but am seeing more does with fawns than bucks on my cameras.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm looking forward to the next card pull of our cameras. We've only got a couple out at the moment, the big push will happen next time out. Unfortunately that's probably still several weeks away. Our last card pull showed a big Roman nosed, sway backed, pot bellied pig that was showing really good growth up top. Looking forward to seeing how he turns out, hopefully he sticks around. We don't see many 5 1/2 year old's hanging around our place.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    We've got a big ol boy running around here, too. Got a quick glimpse of him several times but any sort of human activity and he starts heading to the woods. Not running, just walks away. Antlers are way wider than his ears, and are getting some height to them. The does on the other hand will just stand around and watch, even will carry on a conversation with a couple. Got my cameras out so I'm hoping to get some pics of Mr. Big soon.

Top Bottom