• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Just got another yote from the kitchen window this morning. Sitting here watching the morning news, look up from my chair out the back window and see one slipping around the edge of the woods. Go grab my Tikka, ease the window open, and wait a few seconds for him to come out in the open. Boom, DRT. Fairly certain this is the one that was running with the female I shot a few weeks back. Nice big male. Drug him down out of the tall stuff for some good pics and so The Boss could get a good look.
    9quDls7.jpg

aLbi6Ay.jpg

Yes, I coyote hunt in slippers and shorts.:): And no, The Boss isn't a very good photog.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nice John......Even your Yote gun is a Fin lol.....

(Many of you are unaware that John does this to protect his reindeer herd...His proximity to Santa Claus Land and his ability with a rifle were key factors when Santa Claus was wondering where to keep his herd during the off season...I can't believe some people still believe Santa lives at the North Pole and NOT Southern Indiana....)

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville

(Many of you are unaware that John does this to protect his reindeer herd...His proximity to Santa Claus Land and his ability with a rifle were key factors when Santa Claus was wondering where to keep his herd during the off season...I can't believe some people still believe Santa lives at the North Pole and NOT Southern Indiana....)

must be nice, the rest of us have to wait until October to hunt them :(

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had a big one on the camera in the back yard the other night. I hadn't seen any for a few weeks, but there it was about 2 a.m.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm spoiled I guess. Seems a feller ought to be able to get written permission just by asking around, as many folks as I know who have lost pets to them.:rolleyes:

+1 Even some that won't allow "any hunting" on their property will often consider letting a yote hunter come in... ask around, get written permission, kill 'em all year long.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Nice dog, caliber?

Tikka T3 in .223. Easily a 3/4 moa rifle with almost any decent quality ammo, with its favored loads it pushes 1/2 moa.

Oh yes, and there's a good chance my deer rifle this fall is going to be a Finn, also.

Hey, somebody has to protect the Strategic Reindeer Reserve. The SRR wouldn't be necessary but you never know when one of the Big 8 will get suicidal and step out in front of a semi on I-64. Then there's Rudolph. Let's just say he likes his corn in liquid form, that's why his nose is red. If he gets in the 'shine, ain't no way he's leading anything.

I think the story about Santa living at the north pole is deliberate misinformation. Put out a false location for his place so any kids that want to find it go to the wrong place and that way they don't disrupt toy production. Well, that was when SC & Co. Inc. used to actually make the toys, and now that Santa outsourced everything and canned all the elves, can't have the kiddos seeing all the containers from China. Also if somebody looking for Santa at the Pole got froze solid, fell through the ice or et by a polar bear, that's one less stop for the Man in Red.

Kinda the same deal as the government planting info that the aliens were being held in Area 51 when actually they're in a facility disguised as FEMA camp disguised as a Amtrak railcar repair facility in Beech Grove, Canada. Somebody goes to Area 51 looking for aliens get lost in the desert and are never heard form again or if they do manage to get inside all they'll find is the government's jackalope breeding facility. Now, who's going to believe THAT? And if they by chance get lost and wind up in the Beech Grove facility then they get The Probe, that would be extremely embarrassing and not many would brag about it. Those that would brag about it, well, they would keep it secret so they could slip back in for another probing.

:tinfoil:

I like the new camouflage, I shot one once in my robe whilst sipping coffee.

I think next time there's one in the yard, I'm going to try it in my birthday suit. Obviously any pics will need to be heavily edited. :):

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I had a big coyote run through my back yard the other evening.

But....I live in a location that frowns upon the discharge of firearms. Plus I have neighbors and stuff that live close.

Top Bottom