Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Plinker

If you have seen Bigfoot-Tell me!

I have never seen one but over the last few years the subject has gained more popularity and frankly I find it intriguing. On a whim I had a hat made with the thread title on the front of it. Much to my wife's chagrin, I do wear it out in public on occasion. Most never even pay attention to what it says but occasionally I get a bite. I have been amazed at the things people have told me. I will start the thread with one such example. A friend of mine who is very quiet by nature and who I have known for years has never mentioned Bigfoot or anything else extraordinary before. But he saw my hat and told me about how when he was growing up in Northern Vigo county near the Vermillion county line he was close to the area where a major creek joined the Wabash river. He said some of the local men who worked the railroad delivering the coal to the power plants along the river would speak about seeing what they called River Monkeys. So anyone else got a story to tell?

Last edited by Dwight D; 08-11-2017 at 23:37. Reason: add image
    If you have seen Bigfoot, tell me!

I have a family member who owns about 10 acres of land between gilbert lake and tri-county game preserve in northeastern indiana. There is alot of nothing but fields, woods, and swamps between columbia city and cromwell so the wildlife is insane. Well about half his,land is wooded and his front yard is a hay field. One night he said every night before bed he goes out to smoke a cigar, and usually his property is booming with an insane amout of animals coming and going from tri-county. Well one night he said there was something very large in the field in front of his house and there is a light on a telephone pole across the street at a duck farm so all he could see was an outline. But whatever it was stood up and stared at him. This guy is not the type of guy to be scared of anything, but he said it made him very nervous even though he keeps an AR within arms reach.

We started talking more and more, and supposedly there has been alledged big foot sightings repoted around the tri-county area dating back to the 70s. I never knew, but the way he was talking peaked my intrest.. I thought it was a cool story but i personally have never seen anything.

Plinker
    Not only have I seen it, I've got video of one caught on tape.

Never seen one. My wife, however, is totally into the whole thing*. Follows the shows, follows the podcasts, follows all the forums and such. If she didn't hate mosquitoes so much (and wasn't afraid of the dark), she'd be out there hooting and banging 2x4's on trees.

Me? No. Too pragmatic. The chances of an large, advanced, upright primate to be living in such close proximity to H. sapiens sapiens in the continental US is pretty darned low. I could see something in Russia, where Denesovan hominids where found until fairly recently (in geologic terms). I mean, we are talking only low thousands of years between us and them. Remote, but possible, a small population could be around. There have certainly been multiple hominid species (and sub-species) living together historically.

I mean, a single bear walked into Indiana and the whole state new about it within 24 hours. But, no one has any evidence of an entire breeding population of Sasquatch?

*for those who have followed my comments in other threads, you might see a trend.
    Ryan "ElDirector"
    _(O|||||||O)_

Danville Conservation Club | JPFrog Offroaders
    Indiana Four Wheel Drive Assoc.
    I make my own luck.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”
    ― Dante Alighieri, Inferno

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    Never seen one. My wife, however, is totally into the whole thing*. Follows the shows, follows the podcasts, follows all the forums and such. If she didn't hate mosquitoes so much (and wasn't afraid of the dark), she'd be out there hooting and banging 2x4's on trees.

Me? No. Too pragmatic. The chances of an large, advanced, upright primate to be living in such close proximity to H. sapiens sapiens in the continental US is pretty darned low. I could see something in Russia, where Denesovan hominids where found until fairly recently (in geologic terms). I mean, we are talking only low thousands of years between us and them. Remote, but possible, a small population could be around. There have certainly been multiple hominid species (and sub-species) living together historically.

I mean, a single bear walked into Indiana and the whole state new about it within 24 hours. But, no one has any evidence of an entire breeding population of Sasquatch?

*for those who have followed my comments in other threads, you might see a trend.
    I agree. I think it's just highly unlikely it wouldn't be caught on a good film by now. The snow leopard is one of the most elusive animals on earth, yet it is on film. I just don't think there's a Sasquatch out there in the US anyway. And those shows kill me. They haven't presented any solid evidence, just claims. Except of course for Mountain Monsters....

I've seen one dancing!

Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.

Marksman
    ^^^^that's the same one I saw. Lol

Plinker
    Now this is the interesting thing about the responses to espouse the improbability of this whole Bigfoot thing. First of all the question was asked of those who have seen it, not of those who don't think it possible, but yet for some reason the scoffers feel the need to reply..... hmm how odd. Also the statement is basically made that there is no evidence, again interesting. Why, well because the simple fact of the matter is that just because a person is not aware of something or has not seen the evidence does not mean such evidence does not exist. Especially if the question I pose next is answered honestly . That being, Just how much time have you actually spent looking into the matter? Despite the naysayers, there are degreed Biologists who are convinced in the existence. Dr Jeff Meldrum, Dr John Bindernagel, and Dr Jane Goodall to name 3. Also there is film that has been analyzed by professionals over and again and proven to be authentic. Patterson Gimlin film.You then have the track casts that have dermal ridges that have been examined by the only FBI trained finger print expert who is also trained in primate prints. His name is Jimmy Chilcutt and he states that casts he has examined are impossible to hoax the dermal ridges and that they are non human and of a non human primate that is yet to be identified. What about the over 17,000 reports in the data base the BFRO has on file from the last 20 years. Or the fact that native Americans have over 100 names for the creature. It would be refreshing for someone to just be humble enough to admit perhaps, just perhaps, there might be information in this world that they just don't have yet.
    If you have seen Bigfoot, tell me!

Indiucky, Across the river from Kentuckiana
    A young man from Montana that frequents the shop had an "experience" while a young man near the Crazy Mountains....He's got a scar on his head from being grazed by a sniper and was the designated marksman in his unit while serving in Iraq....

He told the story and never said what it was...But he did say there is no animal in Montana capable of doing what happened to he and his friend that night...

I believe...Always have....

Legend of Boggy Creek ca 1973 at the Lakewood Drive In...Of course he exists...
    Last edited by indiucky; 08-12-2017 at 12:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

One night i was taking the dog out, i heard this demonic growl i was sure was a big foot. Honestly really scared me. Started looking up animal calls and realized it was just a bobcat but boy did it sound big and nasty. I havent seen any or had any experience with big foot but i want to believe.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast