• ...and so much more!
  • Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    Instead of Hi jacking my other thread go ahead and post your reasons why there is no way Bigfoot could be real, and oh by the way it would be nice if you could also roughly tell us how many years you have researched the subject, the evidence you have seen, examined and rejected on a scientific basis, and why you feel comfortable with calling the entire Native American population either deceived or liars. No matter, just wanted you to have a place to state your opinion rather then discourage someone else from sharing their experiences without being scoffed or made fun of in obvious violation of forum rules. I also somehow doubt there will be many who have had experiences with Bigfoot will make the same mistake and post it here. But hey they might, I mean if they could mistake a bear for a Bigfoot I suppose it is fair to call their reading comprehension skills into question as well.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You can't prove a negative. If you're asserting Bigfoot exists, it's on you to provide proof. Old stories passed down around campfires or in teepees aren't proof.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You can't prove a negative.

You can.....

Atheists (young ones just in to the Faith) get their clock cleaned all the time when they try pulling that line against Apologist's...Dawkin's, Hitchen's, Sam Harris, etc...never use that argument because it's so easy to dismiss...

I.E. There are no married bachelors...There are no living T Rex....There is no number between 2 and 3.....etc....

There is substantial evidence for the existence of a large, as yet unknown, primate to possibly exist but as you say, as of now there is no proof....I like your posts jbombelli and I just wanted to share that tidbit on "impossible to prove the non existence of a thing" or as you worded it "you can't prove a negative..."

And without old stories being passed around campfires or tipi's we would still be huddled around campfires and living in tipi's....The passing on of knowledge or things witnessed then passed on to our posterity is how we advance and always will...

IMHO and with all due respect....:ingo:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You're using a fallacious argument involving mutually exclusive terms. Like "married bachelors".

If you say there are living t- rex's it's on you to provide evidence countering the observed world. That's just how it is.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Well I would like to believe that an unknown animal is in the woods.
    I was stationed twice at Ft Polk, LA both times in Reconnaissance Companies.
    This is the exact area where "Killing Bigfoot" is filmed.
    We spent six years in the woods one week a month most times two. We had ever night vision/thermal sight available we could count the baby opossum on the mothers back at 300 meters. The guys were tough as they get and good at Recon.
    One dark rainy night they ran down on foot though the woods and captured an "EMU".
    I can personally certify the area around FT Polk is Bigfoot free and the "killing Bigfoot" TV show is made up entertainment.

If Bigfoot did exist in Indiana it would in Perry or Crawford counties.
    Very remote wooded areas that on a quite nite you can hear Banjo music and everyone knows Bigfoot love banjo music.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    All the photos of Bigfoot are really blurry. But it's not the photographers fault. We have a big, out of focus monster running around and that's extra scary to me!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    4222650-Mitch-Hedberg-Quote-I-think-Bigfoot-is-blurry-that-s-the-problem.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If there were any such thing, they would make shoes big enough that it wouldn't be challenging for me to find footwear! :):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So, I should be watching in the woods for the sign that says "Sasquatch Printing and Engraving, specializing in Federal Reserve Notes"?

Bigfoot earns money for the legend connected folks by maintaining the faith of the masses in Bigfoot. Much like the government in that respect.:)

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Beginning of the 1900's there was a legend of giant apes that existed in the mountains in Africa. We now call them highland and lowland gorillas.

I do find it hard to believe in bigfoot as with all our technology and number of people that hike and travel through areas of remote forests, I think we would have hard evidence such as a skull/bones or very good pictures.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You're using a fallacious argument involving mutually exclusive terms. Like "married bachelors".

If you say there are living t- rex's it's on you to provide evidence countering the observed world. That's just how it is.

The argument "married bachelors" is actually from Atheist/Agnostic protagonist John Shook where he says "If one can prove something is a self contradictory you can prove it does not exist" (i.e. there are no married bachelors), there are no living T Rex, and there are no whole numbers between 2 and 3, etc....

As I said there is enough evidence out there to at least speculate that there may be an unknown primate in some of the more wilder places in the world....Indigenous people of this land have never doubted it nor do they doubt it now....I believe there is an element of truth to their beliefs and how consistent they are......

IMHO

s0

Last edited:
    Top Bottom