• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    First time out with my new to me .25 Cricket. It is shooting the JSB 34 gr pellets at 890 fps and it really hammered the squirrels. I shot the first one offhand as he was moving thru the trees at around 30 yards. A little later I saw another one and worked my way in position for a shot. After a few minutes he came down and stopped on the side of a big hickory. One shot and down he came but got hung up on a small branch around 25 feet off the ground. When I looked up there was another squirrel stopped in the exact same spot so I sent JSB into his noggin and down he came.
    It took me about ten throws with some sticks to knock the other one out. I figured I made enough noise so I moved on. I did see a couple more but it was starting to rain so I headed out to my truck. Of course it stopped raining when I got there.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Fun, cool gun! I've been sitting around all day thinking about going out, but it was looking too dang hot.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I hunt with a .25 Marauder-absolutely the most fun squirrel gun I've ever owned,and I have several high end .22's.Haven't shot a squirrel with one since I got the .25,but killed 70-75 a year with the Marauder.Would love to get a Cricket!

Redleg11b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2017
    Goshen/Elkhart
    Nice work. I have a .22 cal Beeman I was thinking about using this season (finally got my residency to IN switched). I just need to find the time and a good location on public land since I am so busy at work. Otherwise I have a Savage 22LR that is wicked accurate, but I want to try the springer.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    First time out with my new to me .25 Cricket. It is shooting the JSB 34 gr pellets at 890 fps and it really hammered the squirrels. I shot the first one offhand as he was moving thru the trees at around 30 yards. A little later I saw another one and worked my way in position for a shot. After a few minutes he came down and stopped on the side of a big hickory. One shot and down he came but got hung up on a small branch around 25 feet off the ground. When I looked up there was another squirrel stopped in the exact same spot so I sent JSB into his noggin and down he came.
    It took me about ten throws with some sticks to knock the other one out. I figured I made enough noise so I moved on. I did see a couple more but it was starting to rain so I headed out to my truck. Of course it stopped raining when I got there.

So who makes the cricket?

Kalibr. With CZ Bbl. That's FX $. $1800 twelve pound air rifle. Ouch.

Last edited:

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    So who makes the cricket?

Kalibr. With CZ Bbl. That's FX $. $1800 twelve pound air rifle. Ouch.

108519c1

The gun is made by Kalibrgun and weighs 7lb 4oz with the skeleton stock. Price new is around $1500 but I bought this one used for less. It is 33" long with the aftermarket shroud [factory is 31"] and its very easy to carry and shoulder. Also it's more accurate than most .22 lr and is very quiet for a 60ft lb air rifle. It will shoot moa out to a hundred or more yards when I'm on my game. Of course accuracy is subjective and some people shoot better or worse with the same weapon.

Top Bottom