• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The time is getting near. I'm pretty pumped, I leave on Monday for a black bear hunt. Last year I worked a show in Portland next to a bear outfitter. We got along, and worked out a deal for my father and I to head there way for a bear hunt. I've always been turned off by bear hunting due to the fact I have no desire to hunt a bait stand. The hunt I'm going on is my kind of hunt. Climb a mountain, spot a bear 2 miles away, figure out how to get to it, and do the job. This is the first time my father and I have hunted together outside of Indiana in about 7 years, so it promises to be a great week.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Be safe I have family in Oregon, and they have huge wild fires all over the state. On good days the air quality suck on bad days they say it9like breathing smoke through a straw. So enjoy the hunt but don't get in to big of a hurry and keep your head on a swivel

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    We have been watching the fire's and they are about 30 miles away from where we are hunting as of last week. We are going north of Halfway in Hell's Canyon.

As far as equipment list Im not sure what binos I will want, so Im taking a few until I see the country and make my decision but total list (not all carried every day) is

SCAR 17 on a 2 point sling. That will make is easy to carry, and not get in the way of my pack, but Ill be able to shoot slung up with the pack still on if need be.

PST gen 2 3-15 MRAD
    Razor 27-60 angled spotter
    Kaibab 20x56 bino's
    Razor 12x50 binos
    Fury 10x42 rangefinding binos
    Bushnell elite arc 1 mile range finder

My father doesn't have the bino addiction I do, so he is taking
    razor 10x50 bino's
    Remington 700 7mm rem mag
    Strike eagle 1-8.

He had eye surgery about a year ago, and is having to learn to shoot left handed, so he has to have a low 1x zoom, and a high zoom for longer shots so the SE 1-8 is what worked best for him.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm nervous.

I got packed up, and loaded up in about 1 hours. Either I was extremely prepared (that was the goal), or I'm forgetting something. Want to bet which it is, and where I notice?

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    good luck.. my daughter lives close to where you are going and my wife and I did some hiking out there last month not too far either... its been really dry but the rain came in today.. open fire restrictions are the norm.. be prepared and have fun.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm nervous.

I got packed up, and loaded up in about 1 hours. Either I was extremely prepared (that was the goal), or I'm forgetting something. Want to bet which it is, and where I notice?

I get super nervous I'll forget something... I always say if you take your phone and wallet it can only be so bad. I once went on a ski trip without my ski clothes... There was a miscommunication as to who was packing what. I bought some and the trip was not a loss though! It sounds like it's going to be an awesome hunt! Take a bunch of photos and let us know how it goes obviously!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I get super nervous I'll forget something... I always say if you take your phone and wallet it can only be so bad. I once went on a ski trip without my ski clothes... There was a miscommunication as to who was packing what. I bought some and the trip was not a loss though! It sounds like it's going to be an awesome hunt! Take a bunch of photos and let us know how it goes obviously!

So this was you????

a20fec1303b247dc055969e5705f1c53--skiing-images-snow-skiing.jpg

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Where in Idaho? We are hunting north east of halfway close to the border.

FYI, IN Wyoming east of rawlins there is 2 inchs of snow on the ground. When we went through you could see 50 feet.

Top Bottom