Very late year Fawn birth. How late in year have you seen fawns born?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    What is the latest fawn birth you have seen? I did my weekly check of my trail cameras on my property and found a video of a very young fawn - probably born around Labor day or the last week of August. The group of regular deer on our trail camera had 2 fawns this spring probably born typical late April / early May and they have almost lost their spots (very faded). This "new" fawn is probably 3 weeks old. Very tiny and walks like a recent new born. It is still nursing and with bow season a couple weeks away if it's mother gets taken the fawn probably won't survive and I know that is how nature works. Still, I have never seen a fawn born so late in the year.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Never have seen one that late here, this years crop of fawns are losing their spots and can't easily be distinguished from older deer.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ive got one on my cam that still has very distinguishable spots yet. Actually seen her in person Friday morning while i was sitting in my stand. She was with mom so i gave mom a pass, even though i had a good shot of about 50ft, just in case she was still nursing the fawn. Im up north so my season started on Friday(Reduction Zone). Seen the fawn again with another(no spots) Saturday morning chasing each other around
    That was pretty cool to see.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I finally got around to posting a couple still shots from the Trail Camera. One picture is the Late Fawn in the 9-11-17 photo. It looks to me like it's about 3 to 4 weeks old. The other photo is one of the fawns that was born around May 2017 and it's spots are almost gone. I'm amazed because I personally have never seen a fawn born so late in the year as the one in the 9-11-17 picture.

Late Fawn 9-11-17.JPG Fawn born around May 2017 - spots almost gone.JPG

Ward250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2015
    Down South
    I have pictures of very small wobbly knees fawns, bright spots, as recently as 9/15. Also in the second week of September I caught a hen turkey with 8" tall pullets following her.

Top Bottom