Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

User Info Menu

I still want a .257 Weatherby Mag, claro stock.
    Just because.

Until then I'll run my AR in .223 (55gr V max) or my 700 in .243 win (70gr Nosler in reload or 80 gr WW PP factory).
    Currently my 700 is set up w the 80gr factory ammo, doing .75" at 100 from bench (bipod).
    Good enough for yotes IMHO.

I'd like to hunt them with .357 revolver again.
    Pretty handy.

Maybe get a Contender 12" w reddot though.
    Last edited by Hookeye; 01-05-2018 at 12:48.

Plinker

User Info Menu

my coyote setup. remington 700 22-250

Plinker

User Info Menu

Nice looking Rem. I moved my light from my scope after having some issues with torque and snagging limbs while scouting. Moved it to the front sling mount and will be fine for night shooting off of my sticks. Now we just need some decent weather!
    IMG_1244.jpg

Plinker

User Info Menu

Details yep I forgot em. My new Ruger American 22" 223. Moving up from my RAR 22lr to something that can't reach out and drop em beyond 75 yards. Using a Nikon 3x9-40mm which has served me well. Light will reach out to 250 easily and the low mount removes barrel shadow on the ground at night. Happy hunting.

User Info Menu

Howa 1500 243. Burris fullfield scope(best scope on the market for the money IMO). 58 gr Vmax. Next year can we call this the "annual best coyote rifle" thread? I never get tired of it. Haven't had a need to shoot them in the dark yet. But it does look like fun!
    "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

User Info Menu

Looks good everyone!

Love to see your rifle next to a yote. Maybe we can get some down this week!

User Info Menu

Maybe this weekend...

User Info Menu

Do you call Rookie?

What type of calling works best for you?

User Info Menu

Yes. We use electronic and hand calls. Haven't figured out which works best. Sometimes they come into electronic calls and sometimes they come into hand calls. A majority of the time, we use distress calls, but sometimes they come into howls.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I think the song dawgs are getting active finally. I saw a small pair mousing in a field north of Plainfield today. It would have been a nice 110 yard shot, maybe even my first pair. Unfortunately I was in my car and I didn't know the land owner.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast