Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Burning my Hunting & Fishing License! IDNR is Corrupt! Look at DEER Rifle BAN

..............but removed the ability for any rifle to be used on public land for deer hunting

House Enrolled Act 1415 allows some additional rifle cartridges to be used on private land during the deer firearms season, but removed the ability for any rifle to be used on public land for deer hunting. "Public land" includes both state and federal property.

I'm done hunting or fishing in INDIANA....................................

Boycott should get their attention, of some very backward bureaucrats in the IDNR & Legislature.
    They may not need the money lost though because they are SWIMMING IN MONEY FROM 10% federal funds on ALL sales of hunting & fishing equipment.

Just one soul at a time................

Dupe.

Here's the thread that start six days ago about it.

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/g...blic-deer.html
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Not a DUPE. This one Advocates Change and comments there on..................... thanks

The thread you say is a dup is only talking about handgun cartridges in rifles. What about guns the meet the 1.8 inch limit rifle cartridges like the 45-70 govt case shortened or the .35 Remington case shortened or the famous AJ Brown's .358 hoosier. The title of this thread is different................IMHO
    Last edited by openwell; 1 Week Ago at 19:19.

And it's NOT DNR causing the problem here. They have to enforce the law as passed by our legislature. And when the idiots there screw things up horribly by NOT proofreading or even understanding what they are passing (gee, ever heard THAT one before?!?!?!), DNR is stuck holding us accountable for idiotic rules that should have never have been enacted as-is.

Put the blame where it should be...and use the opportunity to let our duly elected idiots...er, legislators...know how you feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, no one is entitled to not be offended in this country nor should anyone be required to give a **** if someone is.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofWinter View Post
    Unless you can thread a sewing machine while it's still running, you haven't had enough coffee....
    A well-armed society is a polite and respectful society.

Interesting thing about this problem is consider how many people directly understand this mistake, it's a big number.

Now consider leadership screw ups that only a handful of law or accounting firms understand.

How many do you suppose there are every month.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Blame reside with IDNR! Legislature gave it to IDNR last year by pushing rifles over the "rejection of rifles" by IDNR in 2015. They got tattooed & screwed good without any of their input.
    Now, time for payback! To make it worse idnr WAITED UNTIL 30 days prior to the season to inform hunters of the RIFLE BAN on PUBLIC LAND, state & federal. What about guys that bought rifles thinking they were legal. INDIANA DNR & LEGISLATURE REALLY GAVE IT TO HOOSIERS THAT HUNT ON PUBLIC LAND!

For me, I am headed to West Virginia this year for deer. They know how to treat hunters and welcome out-of-state money............ To hell with Indiana hunting or fishing..............

lol....cya
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat. Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by openwell View Post
    Blame reside with IDNR! Legislature gave it to IDNR last year by pushing rifles over the "rejection of rifles" by IDNR in 2015. They got tattooed & screwed good without any of their input.
    Now, time for payback! To make it worse idnr WAITED UNTIL 30 days prior to the season to inform hunters of the RIFLE BAN on PUBLIC LAND, state & federal. What about guys that bought rifles thinking they were legal. INDIANA DNR & LEGISLATURE REALLY GAVE IT TO HOOSIERS THAT HUNT ON PUBLIC LAND!

For me, I am headed to West Virginia this year for deer. They know how to treat hunters and welcome out-of-state money............ To hell with Indiana hunting or fishing..............
    other states are way better. Like when the equipment section reads “ANY centerfire rifle” like Kentucky’s reads.
    Train at Mindset Lab

I was hoping that a bunch of hunters would trade their pistol caliber rifles for "rifle caliber" rifles, and then find out that they couldn't hunt on public land anymore.

Then, I get my National Forest hunting spot all to myself.
    Is it me? It's them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoxaJunk View Post
    I was hoping that a bunch of hunters would trade their pistol caliber rifles for "rifle caliber" rifles, and then find out that they couldn't hunt on public land anymore.

Then, I get my National Forest hunting spot all to myself.
    It's not about less hunting pressure on public lands. The pressure moves the deer and the hunting can be a lot of fun. It's about the IDNR sneaking this annoucement that ALL Rifles can not be used on state or federal public grounds. There is NO SOUND REASON IDNR to justify this...........except It's the LAW!!!!!!!!!!! They won't even discuss it>>>>>>>>>>>>>> so let them eat cake. like I said, less license sales won't affect IDNR.................. they are growing FAT on Robinson-Pittman 10% excise taxes and are too busy finding Private venders to RUN ALL of the Public IDNR shooting ranges that have been free for years...................... I'm done******, the writing is on wall with the Corrupt IDNR

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast