• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Been waiting to see some pics of what has been taken so far. I have been out a couple of times and seen a nice 6-point and a spike but not much of anything else.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I've been out four evenings so far this month.

Saw 10 deer last night, from 5:20p-6:30p. Three bucks (yearling 4-pointer, basket 6 and another I couldn't tell through brush), five does, and two through the brush that I couldn't tell if they were does or spikes. Only shot I had was the 4-pointer at about 30 yards.

I've got a number of 'shooters' on camera during light, just a matter of mixing stand choice and timing...

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Unfortunately with everything going on in life this year, my season was limited to just 3 days earlier this month. I was only able to get a pretty large doe, she will definitely be good eating though!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'll be out in gun season. I don't bow hunt. The land I have is 2.5 hours away, so I take vacation from work and make a trip out of it. I'm happy that opening day of gun season is later this year, that way I can be out for it. I always take the week of T-giving for my trip. Usually, opening weekend is the one before.

den57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Franklin, In
    10-25-17, Colorado Book Cliffs. Quartering away, 400 yd shot. Remington 700 .257 Weatherby Magnum, 100 gr TSX, 3700fps.....

AoWNyk7l.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hunting partner and I have been at the farm since Thursday. We’re out this morning sitting in the north end of the property this morning. This part of the farm typically holds the biggest buck on the place. Wind is right, temps are good, barometer is perfect. Hopefully a big boy will wander through.

I don’t go back to work until the 20th. Hopefully we can both connect but nothing is ever guaranteed. I’ll enjoy the time away from the city either way.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Morning sit wasn't as busy as I'd hoped. Had a few does come through and two bucks. We decided to let this guy pass, would have been an iffy shot anyway.

YNj2Wlsh.jpg

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Friday at 6pm several doe ran by my stand. I let the first arrow fly and drilled one on a downward angle through the spine and lungs she dropped instantly. I knocked up another arrow and let it fly at a doe at 40 yards and drilled her in the heart. She ran off into the woods and I had a heck of a time finding her. She circled back behind my stand, blood trail disappeared after 50 yards and reappeared at 90 yards.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Set the deer stand today with my daughter and looking forward to hunting the new property. SOOOO looking forward to two and a half months of firearm season. (Deer Reduction Zone) She can hunt with the 45 Colt till January 31st.:rockwoot:

I didn't even buy a tag this year. Just going to sit and enjoy the time with her. That and she is still hunting on a youth license so $7.00 for ALL her tags. No sense in me even buying a tag. I will probably take something to help out the Coyote population.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My partner had spotted a nice shooter two evenings in a row coming out into a cut bean field with a doe. We planned on hitting that field yesterday afternoon but the rains that moved through Sunday flooded the creek and that field out so we had to change plans. Between the standing corn, the flooded creek and the NE wind we didn't have many options. We have a 2 acre island of trees in the middle of a corn field and decided to sneak in there to a stand set we put up last year. We weren't in the stand two minutes and we heard a buck making a rub. A few minutes later he came in through the thick stuff headed our way. Fortunately my partner was able to get him stopped in a small window and took the shot. The deer ducked a bit and the arrow hit high, he bolted back the way he came but I didn't hear him hit the corn. We gave him a half an hour and started slowly following the meager blood trail. When we found the arrow around 50 yards from where he'd shot him there was a nice chunk of lung on the ground near it, we found the buck another 30 yards down the trail. I'll get a pic up in a bit.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    My partner had spotted a nice shooter two evenings in a row coming out into a cut bean field with a doe. We planned on hitting that field yesterday afternoon but the rains that moved through Sunday flooded the creek and that field out so we had to change plans. Between the standing corn, the flooded creek and the NE wind we didn't have many options. We have a 2 acre island of trees in the middle of a corn field and decided to sneak in there to a stand set we put up last year. We weren't in the stand two minutes and we heard a buck making a rub. A few minutes later he came in through the thick stuff headed our way. Fortunately my partner was able to get him stopped in a small window and took the shot. The deer ducked a bit and the arrow hit high, he bolted back the way he came but I didn't hear him hit the corn. We gave him a half an hour and started slowly following the meager blood trail. When we found the arrow around 50 yards from where he'd shot him there was a nice chunk of lung on the ground near it, we found the buck another 30 yards down the trail. I'll get a pic up in a bit.

Congrats to your friend! Get it on video? Does this mean it's your turn now?

Can't wait to see it. You guys don't shoot dinks ;)

Top Bottom