• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Still going pretty strong in West/Central IN. Had six bucks cruise through between 7:30 - 11:00 this morning and had a small buck running does in the field as well. It's a little further along than I thought it would be but I don't think it's over yet. Seems to vary from area to area though.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    The opening day of the firearms season cycles. It is always the first Saturday after the second Tuesday. Last year it was the 12th Of November. This year it is the 18th.

2018 - November 17
    2019 - November 16

Etc, etc , etc...

The rut is still going on for sure... I saw lot of movement this morning..

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Still going pretty strong in West/Central IN. Had six bucks cruise through between 7:30 - 11:00 this morning and had a small buck running does in the field as well. It's a little further along than I thought it would be but I don't think it's over yet. Seems to vary from area to area though.

I'm in West Central Indiana as well and what phylodog is seeing mirrors what I'm seeing. Lots of bucks cruising around and chasing does. Seems like it's not even hit full swing yet to me personally.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I was wrong. I hadn't seen any activity in 3 or 4 days what so ever, so I thought my area was on the down hill slope. Tonight I saw 3 bucks harassing 1 doe, and another buck locked up on a doe, so its definitely still going.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    The opening day of the firearms season cycles. It is always the first Saturday after the second Tuesday. Last year it was the 12th Of November. This year it is the 18th.

2018 - November 17
    2019 - November 16

Etc, etc , etc...

The rut is still going on for sure... I saw lot of movement this morning..

I double checked and it is the first Saturday after the 11th - Veterans Day. First Saturday after the second Tuesday works too.. ;)

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I double checked and it is the first Saturday after the 11th - Veterans Day. First Saturday after the second Tuesday works too.. ;)

My dad learned this the hard way years ago. He used to take the first week of gun season off. He scheduled his vacation once then later realized gun season opened the following week. When he called to inquire, he was told the first Saturday after Veteran's Day.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I shot a refuge deer on the 30th chasing a doe, along with two others. Not seen that activity since. Wednesday Sat from day light to dark and saw a 6 pointer & 6 does. Today saw 6 does and a spike. Drove from Bedford to Bloomington this afternoon and didn't see one road kill on 37, usually when they're running hard 37 is a slaughter zone. Seems a little off this year.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Past the peak of rut right now but still happening. I put up a trail cam about a week and a half ago in my suburban backyard after seeing my little trees ripped up by a buck I hadn't seen. In fact hadn't seen a buck in a couple of year. Lot's of does and fawns.

First night got s couple of does on camera. Next night a little 4 pointer. Next night an 8 pt. Next day had a deer pop into the neighbors front yard not 30 feet from me. Looked big and swelled up but couldn't make out any horns at first. Turns out it was a 1 pointer! Three bucks in 3 days.

IMO, start of the season should try to be after the rut to allow the deer to breed. In WI where I hunt it is always the sat before Thanksgiving when gun season starts.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Rut is going strong in SE Indiana. Friends and me been comparing notes and seems like it kicked up hard here around the 5th of November. Which probably means it will be winding down or about done by time firearms season starts on the 18th.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I drove to Cincinnati Thursday and there were roadkill deer all over the place.

This morning I watched a fork buck harrass 5 does outside my bathroom window... all I can say is that it's still going on, and if it were gun season I probably could have got 3 before they knew what was up...

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Trail cam shows a doe at 5:05pm last Friday in front of my stand followed by a 4 pointer at 5:08, then two more does at 5:09 and two more bucks at 5:12. I wish I had been there but family comes first.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Season seems slow here in the GSF, just starting to see some sign.

That's what I am seeing as well. Last weekend there was absolutely zero sign. I'm sure that has changed slightly and rut should be peaking right around gun opener. Can't wait to spend some time in the stand!

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Its going pretty steady here the last week.(Morgan/Johnson county line) Had a monster ive been trying to get for the last 3 years saw him last night right when I expected like the past two years he was following a doe pretty hard and was not interested in anything I had grunt, bleat or rattle so im saying we got another solid week of chasing. Whats killing me right now is the corn crop, my neighbors are waiting for some dry time. Some was coming out this morning it will help tremendously.

Top Bottom