Anyone forget what date Firearm season start this year?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I have been hearing so many shots from Sat. thru tonight. Do think that there are several people who didn't know that the opening day was the 18th instead of the usual start of firearm season? Just doesn't sound like people sighting in just before the season starts.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Lots of people are checking zero, I just saw a guy buy a new rifle for hunting at dicks tonight. Pretty sure he will be taking more than one or two shots to get that thing dialed in.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Sighting in would be my guess. My neighbors and I all shoot a lot so hard to tell the difference here. At least they are sighting in. Living here on the Indiana/Ohio border we will have lots of Buckeyes from Ohio coming over Saturday who never sight in their rifles nor practice with them. They tend to wound or gut shot deer that we will find later on. Makes me angry.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sighting in, coyote hunting, squirrel hunting...lots of potential reasons, but I did hear a single shot first thing Saturday morning when I woke up and another Sunday morning so I am guessing there have been some who didn't read the regs. The DNR has reported some that were caught even last Friday shooting deer and then trying to make it look like it was a bow shot rather than a gun. Citations happened.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DNR picked up some guys around Shoals sighting guns, at 0200, with a flashlight. Maybe they work seconds.;)

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Last Friday at work while I was waiting on a customer he said he was fired up for sat morning and then asked if I was going out . After a short conversation I realized he was talking about going out with a gun and I told him the season doesn't open until t he 18th. He didn't believe me at first so I had him look it up on his phone. After that he thanked me and said he was glad I told him that because he was going to go out with his rifle. He really thought it started on the 12th.

Top Bottom