• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Deer season isn't over. I shot the biggest buck of my life this year and I fully intend to shoot a doe in December to put some meat in the freezer but my mind has been on turkey hunting all day today. Maybe its because I smoked a bird on the Big Green Egg or maybe I'm just yearning to hear the sound of toms gobbling on the roost but I'm ate up with it. I'm hopeful 2018 will be the first year I kill one with my bow and I hope to do it without the use of a blind. Regardless I'm anxious as can be and the next 4.5 months won't go fast enough for me. I've watched this video 10 times today, I think it's only making things worse lol.

[video=youtube;VVTdekncUac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVTdekncUac[/video]

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    We had 16 turkeys cross right in front of our blind today while deer hunting. Later on 10 of them came back past our blind. I guess the other 6 got lost. Come Turkey season we won't see a one of them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We had 16 turkeys cross right in front of our blind today while deer hunting. Later on 10 of them came back past our blind. I guess the other 6 got lost. Come Turkey season we won't see a one of them.

I'm with ya there. We have more birds on our property right now than we've ever had before yet we'll be lucky to see one come turkey season. Perhaps, just maybe, if Indiana's turkey season was held in the same month as their breeding season we might have a chance but I guess that's just a ridiculous thought on my part. I wish IDNR would hurry up and fire their turkey guy already.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I'm with ya there. We have more birds on our property right now than we've ever had before yet we'll be lucky to see one come turkey season. Perhaps, just maybe, if Indiana's turkey season was held in the same month as their breeding season we might have a chance but I guess that's just a ridiculous thought on my part. I wish IDNR would hurry up and fire their turkey guy already.
    I agree. The spring season timing needs changed.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Some of the older hunters I know told me they had buck fever badly in their younger days. Now, they said they prefer turkey hunting over deer hunting any day.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Well now, that IS just amazing! Never seen anyone bring gobblers in like that, ever.

He's definitely been doing this for some time, to be that successful, and bring in so many birds.

Still (and I really hate to be a 'killjoy' here), in the first 45 seconds of this vid.... he points his shotgun practically at his own face. AND, he covers the muzzle with his thumb or hand..... at least three times. Sure hope he doesn't lose a hand someday, practicing that kind of firearms safety.

OutdoorsGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2017
    Greenwood
    I also noticed the lack of proper gun control. Too many think they've been around guns so long that nothing can go wrong. That's usually when it does.

I've never seen turkey come in like that. Normally they run with any sort of unfamiliar movement such as him walking toward them. That's amazing. I've seen a guy from Kentucky on youtube sound pretty good also. He only uses his voice & sounds exactly like a tom.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Still (and I really hate to be a 'killjoy' here), in the first 45 seconds of this vid.... he points his shotgun practically at his own face. AND, he covers the muzzle with his thumb or hand..... at least three times. Sure hope he doesn't lose a hand someday, practicing that kind of firearms safety.

Yeah I saw the thumb over the end of the barrel too. He may have a talent for calling in birds. But his gun safety is a bit questionable.

Top Bottom