• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    Is there anywhere you can buy deer that someone doesn't want? I have heard you can go to processors and sometimes they have some that aren't picked up. I would love to go hunting, but don't have the gear or a place to hunt and have never been so I don't want to go by myself.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    There is a place at 25th and Delaware that sells wild game called Goose the Market I believe. Don't be discouraged from going out hunting. Some people will say you have to have lots of gear and property, but you can walk into a state forest in blue jeans and a hunter orange jacket and take a deer. I started by myself and you learn as you go.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    There is a place at 25th and Delaware that sells wild game called Goose the Market I believe. Don't be discouraged from going out hunting. Some people will say you have to have lots of gear and property, but you can walk into a state forest in blue jeans and a hunter orange jacket and take a deer. I started by myself and you learn as you go.

This is true stuff.
    I grew up deer hunting in a pair of blue coveralls and orange hat. All legal.
    I killed as many deer and big deer as I could get tags.
    Imagine my surprise when I found out I had to have all the fancy camo, scents, and latest and greatest technology to so what I'd been doing for 30 years.
    Do some scouting, find where the deer live, and sit your butt still. It's really not much more than that.
    You'll fine tune your own methods over time.

Top Bottom