Just bought a 300Blk upper... can't wait for next year!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    After completing the Revere's riders course I figured I'm good enough to shoot a deer now. Bought an upper from PSA and will spend the summer sighting it in and watching YouTube videos on how to butcher a deer. Can't wait! :rockwoot:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    After completing the Revere's riders course I figured I'm good enough to shoot a deer now. Bought an upper from PSA and will spend the summer sighting it in and watching YouTube videos on how to butcher a deer. Can't wait! :rockwoot:
    You don't have to wait! Get it sighted in and buy a bonus antlerless tag for the late doe season which starts the day after Christmas. I am happy to give a hand with butchering, I have my pole barn garage pretty well set up and will be processing some then anyways.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I may have a 300BLK next year as well. I bought a billet upper/lower/Mlok rail that I don’t need so I have to decide on what caliber to build it in. I’d like it to be a deer legal cartridge.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I may have a 300BLK next year as well. I bought a billet upper/lower/Mlok rail that I don’t need so I have to decide on what caliber to build it in. I’d like it to be a deer legal cartridge.

6.8. deer legal and good on hogs.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's a good round, and will be a good low recoil round to train the kids up on.

Evan already wants to shoot it :):

i really need to wait until next year. I'm question my ability to haul myself out of the woods, let alone dragging a deer at this point

Fargo, thanks for the offer!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    How's the ammo supply / cost for this caliber ?
    Is the round mainstream enough to be reasonable and in stock or do you still need to reload ?

Ammo is widely available. WalMart even carries a few offerings. I only shoot super sonic, but it has come down to around 35 cents a shot for fmj.

Evan already wants to shoot it :):

i really need to wait until next year. I'm question my ability to haul myself out of the woods, let alone dragging a deer at this point

Fargo, thanks for the offer!

This caliber is great for kids, it is super soft and the AR will fit him great. Not many rifles out there offer the field versatility for hunting with kids. If your boy is awake (and licensed lol) slide the stock forward and let him take the shot, or if he is asleep (like I often was) slide the stock back and take the shot yourself. Safer than having a kid trekking through a woods toting a rifle or shotgun while your carrying one yourself. I hope they make the round legal for public ground use in the near future, it is quite possibly the best Indiana deer round available. the big bore ar rounds legal for public grounds are far to punishing for a younger shooter to use without being afraid of the recoil. My 50 Beowulf has a similar effective range, with a lot more energy and a kick that leaves a bruise every single shot, but I can use it on his majesty's property.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    300blk pistol can be used on public land right??

I enjoy my 300blk a lot. I recently scoped it and figured out where it hit with Barnes 110gr, 147gr supersonic and 208gr amax subsonic

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    I built a 300blk last year for deer season. This is my second season with it. 2 shots 2 deer. I use the barnes vortx 110 gr. as well. This ammo is very accurate repeatable and very devastating. You should be very happy with the choice.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This guy didn't take 10 steps after one 300 blackout pistol round entering just over the shoulder existing the base of the neck.

The biggest deer I have ever shot. Probably the biggest I ever will for that matter...

LtWU41.jpg

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    It is a great round. I have a 16" sitting here if anyone wants to trade or purchase it. Complete rifle or will part it out. I fired a couple hundred plinking with it.

I wanted it for hunting but don't have a place to go. It is very soft shooting and hits hard. I shot some 125grn SST and some 150grn Gamekings.

Top Bottom