• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redleg11b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2017
    Goshen/Elkhart
    You like it is excuse enough :rockwoot:It and the 6.8 are nearly identical ballistically to about 350 yards, and the 6.8 has quite a following among deer and hog hunters as well. The Grendel will have slightly better SD numbers for better penetration though.

I am considering it for a light bolt or single shot build when funds are available. I initially thought 300 BLK (even have the dies). My other considerations are a 32-20, 6x45, 357Max. The latter would simply be the result of reaming a chamber for a single shot I already have, getting proper brass, and sturdier bullets. I think it would be great on deer with 200gr WFNGC cast pills if I could get an accurate load together. The other two option would be relegated to things other than deer, but fun all the same.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have used the 6.5 TCU in a 14" Contender several years. I use a 120gr Sierra SP at 2200fps and have had no problems on deer. My shots are normally 100-125 yards max. With the extra velocity the Grendel has, you should have no problems.

Top Bottom