• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    OK My dad is in his 70's and we got him a mid range Trail cam for his birthday, so now he's wound tight about the pics he's getting, He's got a new hobby that he doesn't understand and doesn't want to learn anything but he wants better pics. Of course most of the activity is at night. It's all private property and chances of theft are low.

What Trail cam's work well at night and are priced under $150.

If you have an amazon link that would help

deer-enhanced3.jpg deer-enhanced.jpg

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So I'm in my 50s and never had a trail cam. Brushing my teeth in early Nov I noticed some of the little trees in my backyard were rubbed up by a buck(s). So I set about finding a trail cam much like your father wants. I wanted good pics, maybe video (although I haven't used that yet) and something maybe $100 or so for my suburban backyard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4F8B8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems to be working well. Have deer almost every night, a coyote, a fox and a wily house cat. View attachment 61722 .

I moved the camera to the post on my deck so it just shoots out into the backyard grass. This deer is about 25ft from the camera. Maybe this sucks or maybe it's good. Have no real frame of reference other than I think it does OK.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    The two cameras I like the best are: Bushnell (Trophy Cam HD Essential E2 12mp sold on Amazon cuurently for $99) and the Stealth model# STC-G42NG (also on Amazon for around $90). They both have quick trigger speeds and take great videos and photos both day & night. Bushnell's has a longer range for trigger action and the Stealth takes longer videos and has better display features. They do suck up the batteries though - I use the Lithiums since they last longer. I have not liked Moultrie or Browning cameras and would not recommend them. You may want to check out the Bushnell & the Stealth and look at the Amazon reviews on those.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK My dad is in his 70's and we got him a mid range Trail cam for his birthday, so now he's wound tight about the pics he's getting, He's got a new hobby that he doesn't understand and doesn't want to learn anything but he wants better pics...

Let this be a lesson to INGO youth. Never ever give your parents technology. It'll never be right and you'll never be left alone.

[video=youtube;3UnYPtSnOJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnYPtSnOJY[/video]

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Batteries typically last a long time. I don't change a fully charged set from fall through beginning of spring.

I have had good luck buying last years model on clearance. Typically Moulrtei for $50-70. They aren't the highest regarded cameras, but have served me well for how much I've spent on them. You could buy two cameras for the price you have listed. Currently I have 3 cameras setup, one that takes photo only, another video only, the third takes a photo then a video. I have really come to enjoy seeing the video and think a good length of time is 15 seconds.

Good luck and enjoy!

Top Bottom