• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Just wondering if anyone has been on the ice yet. I am missing fishing and have been thinking about ordering a clamshell shelter. It has been years since I've ice fished and I think I need to be getting on a lake soon....

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Mrs. dekeshooter and I were on a friend's pond in Wabash county Friday. We had 4" of clear, solid ice.

We caught and released about 40 bluegill, one crappie and one bass.

We we were in a hub style shanty we've had for a couple of seasons, but decided to upgrade to a clamshell. Picked up a Shappell 2 man on our way home. I'll finish assembling it in the morning and I hope to be back on the ice in the afternoon.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I have been out a few times. Slow bite so far and plenty of ice where I fish. I fished a large lake it had 4" last Friday. Smaller lakes have 6+. All things considered be smart and consider currents areas geese have kept open ect.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    As far as shanties go I have fished a lot out of clamshells. I like them unless it is very cold then I have to say they can be a bit drafty. Or if there is strong winds the shell moves a bit. I like the space they provide. I picked up a Shappell Bay Runner 2 last year. Great width but super easy set up and pull. The only drawback to it is that it is a bit shallow at 48". All in all I like it alot. I don't have to do anything to move except get out grab the rope and go. It is fully contained cabin style.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Ice iffy along shore. Still solid further out. I used a dock to get on. Still six inches with slush on top and their biting! It will firm up for the weekend. Careful near shore!!!!

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    February will be my first time going to Minnesota to ice fish. I am pretty stoked...

grew up in minnesota and loved iced fishing, both in an ice house(shanty) and out in the open on the ice. The ice on red lake was so clear I could see the fish hit my lure. when we got bored with fishing we ice skated. snowmobiles made it a lot easier to get out to fish.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Be cautious folks:

?Fisherman recovered from a hole in the ice (Morgan County) Update? from Indiana DNR Law Enforcement District 6 : Nixle

...For immediate release: January 14, 2018

Fisherman recovered from a hole in the ice (Morgan County) Update

Update:

The victim recovered from the pond has been identified. His name is not being released at this time due to family notifications needing to be made. He was life lined from IU Health Morgan to IU Methodist in critical condition. Upon arrival, the victim was pronounced deceased.

Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating an incident involving a man who fell through the ice on a pond in Martinsville, Indiana. A male was recovered from the water and transported to IU Health Morgan...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Be cautious folks:

?Fisherman recovered from a hole in the ice (Morgan County) Update? from Indiana DNR Law Enforcement District 6 : Nixle

...For immediate release: January 14, 2018

Fisherman recovered from a hole in the ice (Morgan County) Update

Update:

The victim recovered from the pond has been identified. His name is not being released at this time due to family notifications needing to be made. He was life lined from IU Health Morgan to IU Methodist in critical condition. Upon arrival, the victim was pronounced deceased.

Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating an incident involving a man who fell through the ice on a pond in Martinsville, Indiana. A male was recovered from the water and transported to IU Health Morgan...

Yep wouldnt catch me dead on ice south of the IN/MI state line. Just doesnt get cold enough long enough this far south.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No fish Nick Icehole Adventure with Aqua-Vu Camera:

[video=youtube;3De_F85EPBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3De_F85EPBM[/video]

Top Bottom