• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    Never done it, and I only have a four door sedan. Probably not going to get it home without ruining my paint at the least right?

Also, any cool videos or articles on how to properly dress a deer that you like would be helpful.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Tons of video on YouTube. Blood will wash right off the outside of the car. Or you could get a tarp, wrap that sucker up like Billy Batts in the trunk.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I once put a large doe in the trunk of a Subaru for lack of any other transportation.
    The only bad part was trying to lift it back OUT of the trunk.
    That was a MAJOR P.I.A.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    First, Check in your deer by phone or online. The following requires it to be checked in.

Learn how to quarter them out. Take a big cooler. Leave the hide and the mess in the woods. If it's a buck, put head in trash bag.

Years ago at Fairbanks fwa I helped a lone hunter cram a very large bodied 140" 10 point into the trunk of a lebaron convertible. How he made it that far into the mud and slop with that rig, I'll never know. The body barely fit. Head was hanging outta the trunk the nose damn near dragging the ground.

It had been shot in the front leg with a bow. He killed it opening day gun. That fuggin deer stunk. Worse than a gut shot. I can't imagine what his trunk smells like today.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    bocefus78;7361569[COLOR=#0000ff said:
    ]Learn how to quarter them out. Take a big cooler. Leave the hide and the mess in the woods. [/COLOR]If it's a buck, put head in trash bag.

Years ago at Fairbanks fwa I helped a lone hunter cram a very large bodied 140" 10 point into the trunk of a lebaron convertible. How he made it that far into the mud and slop with that rig, I'll never know. The body barely fit. Head was hanging outta the trunk the nose damn near dragging the ground.

It had been shot in the front leg with a bow. He killed it opening day gun. That fuggin deer stunk. Worse than a gut shot. I can't imagine what his trunk smells like today.

This would be a great idea, if you check the deer in on your phone, while still in the field.
    Otherwise, quartering a deer BEFORE check-in is illegal.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Depending on the type of car you have, you can get one of those wheel haulers that latches on to the back. I would opt for this over trying to stuff a deer in the trunk.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    This year was the first year I quartered the deer in the field. As mentioned above, make sure to check it in before starting. Look for a YouTube video on how to do it, it is even possible to quarter without dressing the deer, leaving the guts/organs inside. Another option would be to install a hitch and get a hitch cargo carrier, a big buck might be over the weight limit of some

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Way back in my youth, I killed a small buck and put it in the trunk of my little 1987 Chevy Cavalier. He went in easy enough, being still kinda floppy, but after the three-hour drive home, he stiffened up and it was a bit of a chore getting him out.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Way back in my youth, I killed a small buck and put it in the trunk of my little 1987 Chevy Cavalier. He went in easy enough, being still kinda floppy, but after the three-hour drive home, he stiffened up and it was a bit of a chore getting him out.

Same here. My buck fit into the trunk of my 1986 Mustang notchback. I have a picture somewhere. If I find it, I'll post it.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Just lash the deer down to the trunk or top of the car with some ratches or rope. Done it many times before I had a truck.

In fact, the best car I used was a company car from a place I had just been fired from. They didn't pick up the company car for almost 6 months. Had the gas card and car for free. Used it to pull deer out of the woods, haul them home, haul dirt and all sorts of junk and garbage.

Still laugh when I remember the look on my buddies face when I drove over to show him the nice buck I killed. White Ford Taurus dripping in blood and mud.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Where there's a will, there's a way.

how-to-carry-a-deer-on-a-bike.jpg

PhotoID49419.jpg

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Buy a bicycle carrier for the back and lash it to the carrier. Saris Superbones is the best for this. Make sure to get the model with 4 support arms and then mount the bicycle arms upside down to cup the deer and use the frame straps to hold the legs. I saw a guy doing this with an elk in Wyoming, so it's will definitely work for any Indiana whitetail.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I once put a large doe in the trunk of a Subaru for lack of any other transportation.
    The only bad part was trying to lift it back OUT of the trunk.
    That was a MAJOR P.I.A.

Man! Been there done that and you are sooooo right. MAJOR, MAJOR P.I.A and I was 30 years younger then. Although in my instance I had a Chrysler K-car back then (late 80's). Wife was NOT happy though with the blood in the trunk, took me about two hours to get it cleaned out to where she was happy with it as we had to leave on a trip with it. LOL!!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    We've adopted the "Eat them in Place" strategy...peel 'em, and build a camp fire, and start roasting. We always carry salt, pepper, BBQ sauce and other assorted condiments. Don't be a hill jack and eat it with your bare hands....paperplates and sporks are the way to go.

Top Bottom