• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    My wife and her friend want me and my buddy to take them for a weekend of fishing where they would also have cabins for rent. We live in central Indiana and have our own boats. A 14’ for him and a 16’ for me. I’ve thought about looking into Monroe Reservoir but my perception is that it’s usually pretty crowded - especially when the bass tournament fishing gets going, or even worse, when the summer arrives with all the pleasure boaters.

Raccoon, Waveland, Glen Flint, and even the Missinewa Reservoir are all about an hour and a half drive and we wouldn’t need a cabin if we were to go there - but driving back and forth would be a pain in the butt. Patoka also comes to mind.

Kentucky Lake or Barkley could be a possibility, but those bodies of water are so big it might be difficult to get on the fish in just a weekend. Ideally, perhaps, would be something within a four hour drive and about 500 acres which means northern Kentucky or southern Indiana ? We’re thinking about sometime in mid to late spring (?)

I’ve also wondered if there might be something around a Brown County ?

Any suggestions from first hand experience ?

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Are you settled on a lake? If not you might look into some of the cabins along the Ohio River in Perry County. Beautiful views and great fishing in the tributaries as long as the river isn't high.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Are you settled on a lake? If not you might look into some of the cabins along the Ohio River in Perry County. Beautiful views and great fishing in the tributaries as long as the river isn't high.

And Patoka as well....Get out of Canada and come to the hills....:)

hqdefault.jpg

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    No good fishermen will give up info on a fishing hole.
    BS! ANY good fisherman will tell anyone where and how to catch em cuz IF your any good you'll be able to catch em when others can't. I'll tell anyone my favorite holes and EXACTLY what to use.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Nope. Not doing it anymore. Tired of spoon feeding people info that took me a lot of time and money to learn. Then to have fishing spots destroyed by poor human beings throwing their trash everywhere and keeping everything that swims. No More!

I lie to everyone that I caught nothing and go as far as snipping my lures of my rods when returning to the dock. Good luck!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I vote for Perry County
    You can have more “adventures” on the river it’s quite different than a lake. You can also go up Deek Creek and experience world class bass fishing. Then hit the river and get a 50lbs cat!
    I would book a cabin soon they sell out quick.

BlackGun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Nope. Not doing it anymore. Tired of spoon feeding people info that took me a lot of time and money to learn. Then to have fishing spots destroyed by poor human beings throwing their trash everywhere and keeping everything that swims. No More!

I lie to everyone that I caught nothing and go as far as snipping my lures of my rods when returning to the dock. Good luck!

I like your thinking.....happened to me as well....No Mas!

KGS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2014
    Crawfordsville
    Lake Monroe in Bloomington/Brown County is a good place to Crappie fish in the spring. Especially from a boat so you can fish creek channels and breaks. There are places to stay in Brown County.

Top Bottom