• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I thought it would be neat to keep a running total of how many coyotes we remove throughout the year. I'll start...

Total - 2

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We're 0-2 so far. Went to the farm last weekend, had one pull out of a trap and I couldn't get my thermal booted up and ready before another one got too far out.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You need a battery pack. I turn my scope on every night and leave it on until morning. Then I throw the battery pack on the charger. Supposedly, ultimate night vision has one for your scope, but I can't find it on their site.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    2 So far, both with a Glock 19 just at the edge of my neighborhood.(really should get a can)These are your average everyday neighborhood yotes that. like the Honey Badger, don’t give a ****!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm 0-1......missed one yesterday. I was sitting on a fence row watching a medium size bean field with a lot of possible areas that a yote could come from. There was a thicket on my backside, on the other side of the fence. I didn't think a yote would come from there due to the wind direction. Had the E-caller playing coyote pup distress, and within a minute to a minute and half a yote came out of the thicket behind me, and ran by me at only 20 feet (not yards...feet). He stopped 10 yards in front of me and saw me and started running parallel down the fence row. I had to pick up the gun (on a bi-pod) and swing parallel down the fence line. By now he is at 75 yards and running. I barked two times at him trying to get him to stop. He stop for just a second or so....I took the shot and missed. I was so shocked (the adrenaline was definitely flowing) , and things were happening so fast....I rushed the shot. In hindsight, I should have taken my time on the shot, I probably had more time than I thought. Another thing, this will be the last time I have my E-caller sitting next to me :):....I didn't want to walk out into that open field during set up and get busted before the hunt even started. Next time it will be at least 30 yards to my right or left if it's not out in front of me. I'll be back at it this weekend.

Note: I have been hunting my whole life, but I'm new to coyote hunting. I just recently invested in a new gun and equipment for coyote hunting. This was only my third time out.

Last edited:

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Bagged 3.

I generally use a rifle and my hunting partner uses a shotgun. He takes care of the ones that sneak up and I take care of the ones that are too shy to come in close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Since the first of January, we are at 5. Two in January and 3 more last week. Had another one on the camera a couple days ago but haven't seen it back since then.

We have 12 taken here since the beginning of November.

This last one was a fairly large male. The female taken a couple of days earlier was comparable in size.

apBNUgq.jpg

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm "O'fer" so far this year. I missed one with my rifle a couple of weeks ago and one with my Glock 19 I think it was Monday. I didn't expect to hit the one with the Glock as it was about 0500 and approximately 40 yds on the run but since it was a yote i cut loose on it off my front porch. The rifle shot I should have made. Good rest off my hood and minimal wind. I just blew it or greatly misread the distance. Either way... I'm still O-fer 2018.

I hope we don't draw the wrath of the bunny luvin, tree huggin' fossil fuel hating freaks.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom