• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Who else has the itch for the weather to get a tad bit nicer and start fishing? I'm going to try and locate different spots this year besides fishing at the same ol skunked out kankakee March on clay st. Anyone use the fishbrain app for spots? I downloaded it a few weeks ago and seen some decent locations. Thought I'd share.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am going to try it this afternoon, ultra light and a 1/16 oz beetle spin. It has been a long winter, this may save what little sanity I have left.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I am going to try it this afternoon, ultra light and a 1/16 oz beetle spin. It has been a long winter, this may save what little sanity I have left.

Long winter is an understatement. I was so tired of being cooped up I had to go let off some steam this weekend!

Noticed an old projection screen sitting curbside and remembered I had a bunch of 12 gauge sitting around that were feeling neglected!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I hit a local pond yesterday for about 45 minutes. I caught a dink of about 12" on a 1/2oz chartreuse spinner bait and missed a "double tick" hit on a fire tail 7" worm. My timing is off on the worm as will be the jig hits as well.
    All in all it was good to get out and that first dink of the season was a nice rush.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, time to get the reels spooled up. The up and down weather has been strange this year. Be interesting to see what it does to the fishing. It has definitely messed up my motivation.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    ready to go....

IrcRn0C.jpg

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Hey man I am with you. I am also located in Lowell. Feel like it is a dead zone as far as accessible water that actually has fish in it. Ready for a change in scenery for sure and ready to hit the water as far as gear goes. I haven't placed my annual order for line and tackle stuffs yet. I need to use what I got this year. I usually only fish the Kankakee river. Looking at taking my Jon boat someplace and do some camping and fishing.

Last summer slipped away from me and I am not going to let that happen this year. I will be out there hitting it hard! This has been a hell of a winter! I am ready! No if I could only find a place to go............

bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    Still working on using my new bait caster, not sure why I love my spinning reels. Just feels like the next step. Can absolutely not wait to get back on the water, just downloaded fishbrain, looks like I need to get the upgraded version for real info? inless I'm missing something

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Me too. Headed to Florida in about a month to do the same. Just bought a couple rods and reels. Still looking for a surf rod. Where you going to be?? Thanks. Tim

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Second ultralight has new six pound test just not sure what I am going to place on the end most likely a jig. The first ultralight has a little jog bobber setup I love and I have a spinning rig I will setup for a popper fly tomorrow. Early bass require a Texas or Carolina rig so I will set up the main spinner with new line and that setup tomorrow. So I will be ready to roll at a moments notice when I am ready to start.

Top Bottom