• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Thinking about making a trip to Michigan in late spring or early summer to do some fishing. Any thoughts or suggestions about a bluegill, perch, walleye, or bass fishery that will provide a decent chance at cathing some fish ? Doesn’t have to be a secluded remote Canadian shield lake, just somewhere a friend and I and our wives can enjoy.

Thanks in advance.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Manistique Lakes in the UP.

Not much Bluegill in the big one, but plenty of Perch, decent Walleye, Bass,and Pike population

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Houghton Lake ! 22,000 acres,average depth is 8-10 feet. I have been there many times and always caught fish and sometimes real nice slab bluegill. If you decide to go there,pm me and i'll give you as much info as I can about where to fish and what to use.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Mullet Lake and Burt Lake are on the Indian River about 45 minutes south of Mackinac Island. Nice area, fished both as a kid.

KGS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2014
    Crawfordsville
    I'm going to post on this topic again even though my post was removed for some reason. I have done a lot of research on this because I'm trying to buy land in Michigan to build a fishing cabin for my family vacations. If you want to catch a lot of different varieties of fish Muskegon lake and the Muskegon River are two great places to fish. There are cabins you can rent along the lake and the river and there are also BNB's and hotels in the town of Muskegon if you prefer that for the wives. Happy fishing! I hope this doesn't get deleted again! It's a really good place to fish. There is a nice camp ground in Bridgeton, MI if you like camping. I think it's called Chinook Camp ground.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I'm going to post on this topic again even though my post was removed for some reason. I have done a lot of research on this because I'm trying to buy land in Michigan to build a fishing cabin for my family vacations. If you want to catch a lot of different varieties of fish Muskegon lake and the Muskegon River are two great places to fish. There are cabins you can rent along the lake and the river and there are also BNB's and hotels in the town of Muskegon if you prefer that for the wives. Happy fishing! I hope this doesn't get deleted again! It's a really good place to fish. There is a nice camp ground in Bridgeton, MI if you like camping. I think it's called Chinook Camp ground.
    The boats were really out thick on the headwaters of Hardy Dam this weekend. Perch and walleye biting I'm told. I have 40 acres about two miles from the river.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    The boats were really out thick on the headwaters of Hardy Dam this weekend. Perch and walleye biting I'm told. I have 40 acres about two miles from the river.

We pass through Newaygo every fall when we go up to Baldwin to fish for king salmon on the Pere Marquette. Did not know there was other types of fishing available.

I got to thinking, my grandfather used to have a cabin near Brethren, MI and fished the Tippy Dam. My childhood recollection is that there was pretty good walleye fishing there.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Still GREAT fishing up there. We did our salmon fishing in Newago. My grandparents had a cottage on Bigalow Creek. Fished for rainbows all summer and salmon and steelhead in the fall.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom