• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I saw this bald eagle today on the was to make a delivery. Sorry about the resolution. It was feeding about 100 yards off the road. Spotted a few miles south of Lafayette.
    20180308_171439_HDR.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I saw a Bald Eagle last week soaring over University Farms in West Lafayette.
    There was an article in the Journal & Courier just last week reporting that there are 3 nesting pair of Bald Eagles in Tippecanoe County, all nesting along the Wabash.

Such regal birds.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    A guy I know got this pic in January here in Newton County. This pair had been feeding on a deer carcass.
    27544866_1681663431856253_3312693230901922651_n.jpg

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    My son watched a hawk attack an eagle as they were flying over my house. The eagle turned the tables on him and my son said the eagle completely wrapped his wings around the hawk. By th e time he got his phone out it was over with and the hawk went one way and the eagle another. He said it was the coolest thing he ever saw in the wild. That makes 4 or 5 times now that eagles have been spotted over my house. Pretty cool.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Joey, when a boy eagle and a girl eagle fall in love, they share a special kind of hug...."

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    We see them about 50% of the time crossing the Wabash on Harrison Bridge. Usually in a tree on the east bank. A great place nearby to watch for them is on Bicycle Bridge over the Tippecanoe River. Had one swoop over the car crossing the Wabash on the US 231/US 52 bridge a couple weeks ago. Even far away they look like big birds.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I was able to admire them on the regular at an old job I had. The plant is along the wabash river on wabash ave. They are neat to watch. Awesome to hear them communicate. Often heard before seen. Occasionally I get to see them at current job, also along the river but off canal rd. usually just swooping and soaring around looking all bad a$$ and stuff.:patriot:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Eagle_000104.jpg

This was taken in early November in my very suburban neighborhood in Brownsburg. I watched it being chased by a murder of crows and it landed across the street behind the house.

I believe that it is the 8th or 9th Eagle I have seen from my window over the past 3 years.

KGS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2014
    Crawfordsville
    I live in Crawfordsville and last fall I saw two bald eagles flying around the north edge of town. They are huge! They are also one of the most beautiful birds on the planet. It was a very exciting day. I think they had a nest right over Sugar Creek. Amazing!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Last week, I saw a bald eagle soaring over a field off Mann Rd just South of the Marion/Morgan County line.

Today, we saw what was presumably a female (due to the lack of some tailfeathers) lift off from the two lane road we were traveling with some carrion (probably a dead squirrel, by the size of it) headed back toward her nest. This was also Northeast Morgan County.

Top Bottom