• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    One of my least favorite things about owning property is picking up trespasser trash. My least favorite trash to find is tires they dump alongside the road. It's a never ending job when you own rural ground. Found these this afternoon.:xmad:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In the past you could burn them, now these two will cost me $5 at trash center.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Its not just rural areas. We deal with that here where the city blends into the country at the edge of the big city. Idiots throw out full fast food bags of trash. The side of the road is full of litter.

Idiots take the attitude of "once it goes out my window, its no longer my problem."

I remember about 8-10 years ago I was watching two teens sitting in a truck outside my house. (neighborhood) What they were waiting on Im not sure. The passenger threw out an empty snuff tin into my yard. I walked out, picked it up and handed it to the passenger.
    CM: You dropped this.
    Him: (shocked) Uh... Ok.
    CM: what are you doing here?
    Driver: we are out of gas. Waiting for a buddy to bring us some.
    CM: OK, Do me a favor, dont throw your trash out in my neighborhood. Find a trash can, please and thank you. Have a good night.

I walked away back toward the house and as I got to the house I looked back just in time to see the passenger throw it back out into my yard again.
    I turned around, and walked back over and picked up the tin. Kids in the truck didnt know what to make of me, and tried to put on an air of tough guy.
    I tossed the tin into the bed of the truck and said "I SAID dont throw your F-ing trash in my GD yard! GTFO. NOW!" It was met with "whatever, dude". Shortly afterward they drove off with no fuel delivery. Still not sure what they were up to.

I hate people.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Trash is a huge pet peeve for me. I pick up trash along our road at least twice a month during nicer weather. Spring cleanup is always loads of fun. Last weekend, I picked up over 3 dozen Bud Light bottles all in the same spot. The next day, I drove past that area about noon and no bottles were seen. I came home a few hours later and there were three more there. We had the same issue a few years ago and set up a trail camera. I got the guy on camera throwing the bottle out the window. Took it to the cops...including pictures of his truck with the license plate. Sheriff at that time said he couldn't do anything. So...here's a guy littering and drinking and driving and they were not interested. We followed the guy and got his address....took that to them, still couldn't do anything. Several bottles were returned to his yard one night. It stopped for a short time after that, but then started up again. He is now throwing them on the opposite end of our property. I will probably have to put the cameras back out and see if the new sheriff is willing to address the problem. We pick up tires, toilets, tv's (big item on Superbowl Sunday), fast food trash, pop/beer bottles/cans and so much more. We have had washers and dryers left in the middle of the road. We had two burn barrels full of debris left in front of the driveway. There was the freezer full of rotten meat....that was nice.

If it is tires or TV's that the county accepts at the trash recycling day, we normally take those items there. We call ahead and let them know that we have items that have been dumped throughout the year that we picked up rather than calling the highway guys out to get it as it happens, and they make a note not to charge us when we bring it to them. They have also allowed us to bring things to them to go in their dumpster if it is something that has been dumped. Their drivers have usually seen it and appreciate that we don't call them out to get it off of the road, and we go past the highway garage routinely so it is not a big hardship for us to deliver it to their dumpster.

At least we haven't had any meth labs for a few years. We have had several of those. I have been known to confront people who I see stopped on the road and ask what they are doing there. I am always happy to call the police to come and help them, but most don't seem to appreciate that. They also love when I write down their license plate numbers and vehicle description for when I make that call. Just one more reason I carry. :ar15:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trash is a huge pet peeve for me. I pick up trash along our road at least twice a month during nicer weather. Spring cleanup is always loads of fun. Last weekend, I picked up over 3 dozen Bud Light bottles all in the same spot. The next day, I drove past that area about noon and no bottles were seen. I came home a few hours later and there were three more there. We had the same issue a few years ago and set up a trail camera. I got the guy on camera throwing the bottle out the window. Took it to the cops...including pictures of his truck with the license plate. Sheriff at that time said he couldn't do anything. So...here's a guy littering and drinking and driving and they were not interested. We followed the guy and got his address....took that to them, still couldn't do anything. Several bottles were returned to his yard one night. It stopped for a short time after that, but then started up again. He is now throwing them on the opposite end of our property. I will probably have to put the cameras back out and see if the new sheriff is willing to address the problem. We pick up tires, toilets, tv's (big item on Superbowl Sunday), fast food trash, pop/beer bottles/cans and so much more. We have had washers and dryers left in the middle of the road. We had two burn barrels full of debris left in front of the driveway. There was the freezer full of rotten meat....that was nice.

If it is tires or TV's that the county accepts at the trash recycling day, we normally take those items there. We call ahead and let them know that we have items that have been dumped throughout the year that we picked up rather than calling the highway guys out to get it as it happens, and they make a note not to charge us when we bring it to them. They have also allowed us to bring things to them to go in their dumpster if it is something that has been dumped. Their drivers have usually seen it and appreciate that we don't call them out to get it off of the road, and we go past the highway garage routinely so it is not a big hardship for us to deliver it to their dumpster.

At least we haven't had any meth labs for a few years. We have had several of those. I have been known to confront people who I see stopped on the road and ask what they are doing there. I am always happy to call the police to come and help them, but most don't seem to appreciate that. They also love when I write down their license plate numbers and vehicle description for when I make that call. Just one more reason I carry. :ar15:

Cell phones are a real plus. Have camera active walk up, snap pics of vehicle/plates/occupants. You will very quickly see how well the vehicle runs as they beat a hasty exit while flipping you off. The flip off is what they do to feel like winners.
    We have done this both in person and stealth to put a package together and deliver it to certain houses in our area that just seem to have way to much traffic.
    A mail box full of pics like this and that activity seems to slow down and then they move.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    If you find an address somewhere in the litter it's game on.Love those "bill me later" cards in magazines.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We do trail cleanups once a year or so, at one of the public offroad areas. It has gotten a bit better over the years, but back in the beginning. Wow. We would fill roll-off dumpsters every year. All from about a mile or so of road, and maybe 50 yards or so back into the trails. Sofas, tons of tires, plenty of booze bottles. The worst was finding the makings of meth labs. Had to call the local LE for those.

Some people....

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I hate when people dump there pets. If it wasn't for my wife we'd have 12 dogs and 19 cats. Scares the heck out of me when I open the back curtain and there's an animal sitting on my deck. Most recently we had a kitten wander up the the front door. It was watching us through the glass, it had obviously been someones pet. It was a sad sight.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am finally down to 3 cats. At one point, we had 23...all spayed and neutered because I just didn't have the heart to take them to the humane society. The puppies and dogs always were taken in as I just couldn't take them too. I always gave a donation even though they weren't mine. The one and only cat I took there, I almost went back and adopted because I felt so awful for taking it there. That one arrived by itself and the older cats were all being mean to it so I was afraid it would never be accepted here. The rest arrived in pairs or litters and had "friends" so they all stayed.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I got to have a nice conversation with a scumbag on my place up north. He was driving my property throwing his cans out along the way. When my wife and kids heard 'the tone' of my voice they armed themselves. Hell was coming for supper if he said one f-ing word. I put up chain gates and pounded fence posts down to oil pan height.

beachhead40

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    North Of Indy
    Interesting enough we had a farmer dump trash in front of our house couple weeks back with a pallet and a note “next time you dump your trash in my field don’t leave your mail, I’m smarter than you. ” well. The house he wanted to dump it was two doors down. We have a 400 pound rock that he ran into backing up to dump. So he had to tear up his truck .... went down to the neighbors and made them come down and clean it up. But who ever the farmer was missed his target and scattered the trash and pallet over the road....

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    This is one case where I would not be opposed to posting pictures on social media with a caption like "If you see this person please tell them to come pick up their trash".

Top Bottom