• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    We were on the water at 6:30, done by 8:30. 6 fish limit per man. 7 men. 41 fish. 66 lbs. Awesome fun day.

20180515_070738_zpscmdzgffp.jpg

20180515_091032_zpsjgjfphib.jpg

20180515_091430_zps4h1xh6fl.jpg

20180515_101045_zpsdtybvfip.jpg

20180515_172711_zps6tpicjzo.jpg

20180515_172718_zpsg1lqwkkq.jpg

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Very jealous Mark. Looks like you had a great trip.
    Very nice fish!
    Was a great day! Great fun. Thanks!

WOW...we're going up in a few weeks...I hope we have the same luck!
    Good luck! We got VERY lucky with the weather today. Big storms less than 10 miles from us this morning. The fish were ON!

Great pictures and nice fishing! The best tasting fish I ever had was Walleye from Lake Erie.

Yeah buddy! The last few pics above is a part of today's catch. Flaky, tender, never frozen. A rare treat! I am so stuffed right now!

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I went over there and was the only one in the boat that didn't catch a walleye. A few even caught some huge walleyes. All I kept catching was those little invasive species fish that I forget the name of. Looks like you had a great time.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I went over there and was the only one in the boat that didn't catch a walleye. A few even caught some huge walleyes. All I kept catching was those little invasive species fish that I forget the name of. Looks like you had a great time.

Depends when you go. As you can see from the pics, we were catching medium size, great eaters. Our 41 fish weighed 66 lbs. Two years ago we caught 23 fish that weighed 156 lbs, huge fish but not as tasty.

The garbage fish are called sheephead, they're not really invasive, they're a natural occurring species that cleans the garbage, just can't eat them.

Last edited:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

LOL- I'm afraid I'd be that person, too!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My grandparents lived less than 5 miles from Lake Erie when I was growing up. Grandpa had a 16' boat and we were on the lake a half dozen times every summer for pike and perch. Still amazes me how fast that lake could go from smooth as glass to 6' swells.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Great pictures and nice fishing! The best tasting fish I ever had was Walleye from Lake Erie.

Yep. Same here.

And the garbage fish was probably a Gobi. We catch and kill those all the time off the north dock on Pelee Island. We go every year. One of these years Im going to splurge and charter.

My ultimate goal is to get a 16' rowboat, add a decent sized gas motor and take it up. Our cottage we rent is on the beach, so I could put it in once and anchor it by the cottage. (We would tow it across on the ferry)

Best fishing we had was when a neighbor took us out in his setup. Its decent fishing by the dock, but awesome about 100 yards out.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    I’ve been going to Lake Erie for over 20 years with my dad. Most memorable two trips came in the fall. The two of us filled out 12 fish limit by around noon, average fish was over 8 pounds, largest two were 31”, one came in at 12 pounds and the other at 13.

The most memorable trip though came in November. We though we were the only the only other boats on the water were duck hunters, managed to get 3 or 4 eater walleye fishing all day Saturday. While cleaning the fish, a couple of guys came in with with limits of smallmouth and gave us the coordinates, Northeast of Pelee island by about 5 miles. We weren’t planning on fishing Sunday because the temp was supposed to be in the 30’s, but the temptation got the best of us. Took an hour boat ride to get to the numbers, started fishing at 8 and had our limit of smallies by 9, smallest one we kept was 5 pounds, we stayed until noon fun fishing and they never slowed down. No idea how many huge smallies we caught that day but it had to be over 50.

Top Bottom