Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

When I first purchased my farm (162 acres) I could find no quail in the fields. I spoke with an IDNR officer about reintroducing them. He said not to bother since it would not work. He said that they outfitted quail with battery backpacks and antennas and released them, and within 30 days they were all dead. Personally, I think wild quail have a hard enough time surviving without the added strain & weight of batteries and antennae. I decided to pen raise some quail just for the fun of it, and they were doing well until something got into the pen and killed about a hundred of them. The other hundred escaped, and they have repopulated the farm nicely. That was about ten years ago, and I have coveys of quail all over the place.
    With so many places beating dicks I think it's gonna hurt dicks bad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    I'm a bit late, but, FIFY.
    Have no clue?
    No middle game, No end game; just Open the game well. French e4e6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by openwell View Post
    Have no clue?
    Fixed It For You, i.e. made it readable.

It's my thing, I hunt dangling participles.
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

User Info Menu

Fixed It For You, i.e. made it readable.

It's my thing, I hunt dangling participles.
    Yep. Thanks. I see it now. Wondered how you got so many post in such short amount of time.

"No man's opinion is better than his background, his experience, and his general common sense." Jack O'Connor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by openwell View Post
    Yep. Thanks. I see it now. Wondered how you got so many post in such short amount of time.

"No man's opinion is better than his background, his experience, and his general common sense." Jack O'Connor
    You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

User Info Menu

I'm a bit late, but, FIFY.
    Yes, reminds me of punks that used to say "talk to the hand" a few years back and that was quite helpful. It's always refreshing to see someone with so many opinions and so little to say. welcome to ingo.;

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hookeye View Post
    You want game birds?

Kill every freakin' cat you see.

True.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hkindiana View Post
    When I first purchased my farm (162 acres) I could find no quail in the fields. I spoke with an IDNR officer about reintroducing them. He said not to bother since it would not work. He said that they outfitted quail with battery backpacks and antennas and released them, and within 30 days they were all dead. Personally, I think wild quail have a hard enough time surviving without the added strain & weight of batteries and antennae. I decided to pen raise some quail just for the fun of it, and they were doing well until something got into the pen and killed about a hundred of them. The other hundred escaped, and they have repopulated the farm nicely. That was about ten years ago, and I have coveys of quail all over the place.
    What is your ground like?
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    What is your ground like?
    Twenty acres of Native American prairie grass and wildflowers, 100 acres of woods and 42 acres of fields. I purposely left lots of fencerows.
    With so many places beating dicks I think it's gonna hurt dicks bad.

User Info Menu

Sounds like perfect land. Mine is much more wooded and hilly, although I do have scrub clearings.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast