• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Paid a visit to my new hunting property today.
    While leaving to go to lunch my brother spotted a Bobcat entering a corn field adjacent to our property.
    He said it was about 40 lbs or so. About the size of a medium size dog.

On the way back from lunch we ran into the next door neighbor.
    When asked he said, "Oh you bet!"
    He said he has seen Bobcat regularly now for the past several years.
    I asked about coyote and he said there are way too many coyote and coy-dog in the area.

Brother also heard a turkey gobbling on our property today.
    Deer tracks are EVERYWHERE and it's hard to track just how many well-worn trails run through our 50 acres.

I am really looking forward to the upcoming deer season.
    I look forward to it every year, but now I have my own property, and I have more than 3 times the acreage I've ever had access to hunt.

We have set trail cams, erected shoot houses (8'x8' platform about 5' off the ground, with a 5'x8' house on top and a 3'x8' porch), cleared shooting lanes...

We have one task remaining.
    That is to erect one more shoot house for our uncle.

Hurry up November!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's cool. I've never seen a bobcat on our property. I'm sure they're around. I've seen coyote on our land and I've seen wild pigs not too far from us.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    That's cool. I've never seen a bobcat on our property. I'm sure they're around. I've seen coyote on our land and I've seen wild pigs not too far from us.

28660873_10215632093777596_5335255202538209007_n.jpg

Here is one outside Mitchell , not far from Spring Mill State Park

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They're definitely expanding in Fountain County and other parts of the state. We caught one in a leg hold trap several years ago and that was the first anyone we talk to in the area had seen or heard of. We caught a large tom on camera a few times this spring as well.

I filmed one walking the edge of our food plot on a piece of property we hunt up in Tippecanoe County last fall. The owner is in his 60's and lived up there his entire life. He said that was the first one he's seen since he was a kid.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    There was a picture of a bobcat that was sighted at Potato Creek State Park near North Liberty posted on Facebook this week. We have never seen one around our area but that is getting close. Coyotes...are here. This was on my new camera the other day.

[video=vimeo;280102580]https://vimeo.com/280102580[/video]

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    We have the cats on our farm in Owen County, west of Freedom. Saw three together in ML season last year. I don't really care to hunt one yet. Maybe if they come in season and I get better educated on whether/what kind/how/how much they are hurting the other wildlife I like on the property. They are pretty if done up by a good taxi and hanging from the rafters, but I like them better on the prowl. Yotes? They get the arrow or lead every time I encounter one down range.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Good luck with your uncle's erection!

Wait.

That didn't sound right.

Or.

Maybe it did....?

LOL
    I saw a bunch of guys in a restaurant a couple of years ago and they were all wearing the same t-shirt advertising some steel building company.
    The logo on their shirts read, "Best erections in town".

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    LOL
    I saw a bunch of guys in a restaurant a couple of years ago and they were all wearing the same t-shirt advertising some steel building company.
    The logo on their shirts read, "Best erections in town".

Kind of fits in with the "Big Pipe" t-shirts we have here from when hubby used to run the excavator for the utility crews.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Played hooky from work on Monday and took the uncle down to the new property to watch us build his shoot house.
    We left town shortly after 7am. Spent all day on the property.
    My brother and I spent the majority of our time constructing uncles house while the uncle ran back and forth, up and down the hill in front of his shoot house cutting limbs and clearing shooting lanes.
    He now has a complete house, with operating windows and door, shooting lanes that reach about 125 yards, and a cleared place to park, with a cleared path through the woods to his house.

Uncle said he would buy his sleeping bag. I think I'll try to come up with an old style army cot to get him off of the floor.
    We rolled back into town around 6pm and I felt like I had worked.
    Our uncle is just a month or so shy of 80 years old, and he carried lumber for his house, cut down saplings with a hand-held crosscut saw, and just traversed that hill more times than I would have cared to.

We're going to have loads of fun.

Top Bottom