• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    tip: before spending those (relatively) big dollars on a cam and its data plan, make sure you can get adequate coverage. It would be a shame to sink hundreds of dollars on a cam only to find out your hunting plot is in a cell dead zone.

Run out to where you want to place your cam and check your cell phone. If your cell can't get decent signal, the trail camera is going to be a waste.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    ^ This.

I've looked at these, but the cost and lots of dead cell area where I hunt keeps me from trying one.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    IMO, the only system worth looking at is the Cuddelink system by Cuddeback. You can link up to 15 cameras by radio frequency 1/4 mile or more apart depending on terrain without using or requiring a cell signal and have them send photos to a home camera in an easily checked location or if you are close enough you can link the home camera to your PC. Additionally you can link a Cuddeback Cell camera in as the home camera, place it in a spot where you have a good cell signal and have it forward photos to your phone from itself and the other 15 cameras. Cell plans are about $15 per month for up to 1000 images. That way you only have to buy one cell plan to cover all 16 cameras.

The cell version hasn't quite been released yet but it will very soon. The Cuddelink cameras are already available and I have been using 3 this summer with good results.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    IMO, the only system worth looking at is the Cuddelink system by Cuddeback. You can link up to 15 cameras by radio frequency 1/4 mile or more apart depending on terrain without using or requiring a cell signal and have them send photos to a home camera in an easily checked location or if you are close enough you can link the home camera to your PC. Additionally you can link a Cuddeback Cell camera in as the home camera, place it in a spot where you have a good cell signal and have it forward photos to your phone from itself and the other 15 cameras. Cell plans are about $15 per month for up to 1000 images. That way you only have to buy one cell plan to cover all 16 cameras.

The cell version hasn't quite been released yet but it will very soon. The Cuddelink cameras are already available and I have been using 3 this summer with good results.

I've got a good buddy who is pretty high up in cuddyback. Talking to him is what has spearheaded this post.

I know I have cell coverage in the required areas.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I think these are the slickest thing since greased owl sh#$.

But yeah, the cellular deception out here is so advanced that I doubt they'd connect at all in some parts of the woods.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've got a good buddy who is pretty high up in cuddyback. Talking to him is what has spearheaded this post.

I know I have cell coverage in the required areas.

On the property I hunt the farther north I go the better the buck activity is and the worse the cell signal gets. The Cuddelink system will allow me to run a bunch of cameras on the north end but leave the home camera on the south end where it has a strong cell signal and where it can be checked easily and have the batteries replaced without disturbing the deer. I've done enough testing this summer to convince myself that the RF signal will easily cross the two 350 yard plus gaps in my camera chain.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I've been using the Spartan GoCams for about 2 years . Has been flawless so far .

Absolutely love them ! When they die I will buy again . Only thing I don't like is the picture quality that it sends . Kind of grainy , but the ones on the card are great.

Top Bottom