• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    We’ve had so much rain it pooled on our 13 year old boat cover and the weight of the water caused it to rip right down the middle. I don’t think it’s worth trying to repair. My options are to buy a pre-made cover at a retail outlet like Cabelas or have a cover custom made.

Not finding any sources for custom cover makers. Anyone know of source in the Indianapolis area ? The boat is a 16’ deep v.

LeverGunFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Bartholomew County
    Instead of buying a generic cover from Cabela's, you can buy a near custom cover here: Boat Covers, Canvas Boat Covers | Boatcovers.com

The cover I bought from them fits well and has been durable, you can search by make and model or by type. Pick the material that best fits your storage conditions. I had a nice cover made years ago by Jonesville Canvas, but they have disappeared. You could check with local boat dealers to see where they get custom covers, maybe they can direct you to a local cover maker.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've used Smitty's Marine on Mass Ave. They've made a couple of custom covers for my pontoon and do great work, but it's not cheap. My last two have been "generic" covers from Sportsman's Guide, and once I figured out a decent support system for them, they've worked well too at about 1/4 - 1/3 the cost. I don't trailer my boat with the cover on though, so that's something to bear in mind. I think for trailering, custom is probably the better way to go.

Smitty's: Smitty's Indianapolis Marine | Welcome

Sportsman's Guide: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist?k=boat+covers

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Poor Boys Canvas Shop, he is located off of Kentucky Ave. near old Airport. I have only talked with him on the phone but plan to have him make a Bimini cover for a pontoon. Ph. # 317-607-1713. Good luck.

Last edited:

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I've used Smitty's Marine on Mass Ave. They've made a couple of custom covers for my pontoon and do great work, but it's not cheap. My last two have been "generic" covers from Sportsman's Guide, and once I figured out a decent support system for them, they've worked well too at about 1/4 - 1/3 the cost. I don't trailer my boat with the cover on though, so that's something to bear in mind. I think for trailering, custom is probably the better way to go.

Smitty's: Smitty's Indianapolis Marine | Welcome

Sportsman's Guide: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist?k=boat+covers

+1 on Smitty's. and everything else mentioned above.

If you are just storing it covered go with a generic cover and uncover before transport. If you are transporting covered go custom.

Top Bottom