• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Haven't seen anything, but that's not a surprise around here. Did find a patch of yellow root.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Been a good year so far, that 6" of rain really softened up the ground and has made digging easy. Some I located this summer has already gone to bed, not even a brown plant to go by. Found a few yellow already, most green and full of berries this year. Assuming good germination, should be a lot of root 15 years from now.

Wonder about pricing? Early during tariff talks it's was mentioned that sang would be affected. I've not asked around yet.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I've seen something this year that I've never seen in all the roots I've dug. On the berry stalk, there is a cluster of leaves. Dug 6 this year that have displayed this characteristic. I'll try to get a pic up of it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you guys have to worry about being ambushed by crazed hillbillies like on "Appalachian Outlaws"?

Or ARE you the crazed hillbillies?? :stickpoke:

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I'm a crazed hillbilly. Lol. I miss that show, a lot of b.s. , but it was entertaining.

I've never encountered another digger. I have gone to my patches that I don't plan on digging and remove the tops to hide them.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I need to get someone to take me out at some point. I think I'd really enjoy it. I've found one person who will I just need to get my schedule to match his. Seems to me it'd be like mushroom hunting but more fun honestly.

Top Bottom