• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Getting all geeked up to take my daughter (13) out to the woods this weekend for her second deer season. She got skunked last year, hopefully this year will be different. Who else gets to hit the stand early this year?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Been out twice already. Opening day for reduction zone was the 15th. Didnt see a thing but it was pretty darn warm. This past Sunday seen 2 but no shot available to me(crossbow), Pretty thick cover for the deer right now and they were both about 50 yards out. All i could really see was the hind end heading away from me. Be back out again Saturday morning.
    Good luck to you and your daughter, hope she gets her first this year!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    oa0Vwqt.jpg

Getting it done in the last 30 minutes (yesterday-Sat. Sept. 29). Her first deer hunt & her first deer. Chloe - 11 years old.

Last edited:

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    That is awesome! My daughter came up empty again this year, but not because of a lack of deer. She took her time wanting to be sure of her shot and couldn't get it done fast enough. She let 2 walk, but I couldn't be more proud of her decision. She wanted a sure shot and didn't want to risk just wounding one. She still had a ball though and will be back out there.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    That is awesome! My daughter came up empty again this year, but not because of a lack of deer. She took her time wanting to be sure of her shot and couldn't get it done fast enough. She let 2 walk, but I couldn't be more proud of her decision. She wanted a sure shot and didn't want to risk just wounding one. She still had a ball though and will be back out there.

You are teaching her well, and have every reason to be proud....well done sir!

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    No luck this year for us. We saw does all week but nothing Sat-Sun.

Congrats to all the youth who scored and the young lady with the nice buck... What a grin!

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    very cool :rockwoot: to all those taking the time to mentor the next generation of hunters and congrats to all those young hunters who have participated.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central

6 years ago I took my now stepson on his first hunt when he was 10. My cousin and a friend organized a youth weekend hunt. We did it a few years. Found a place to camp out, fished, and hunted. We took kids who hadn't been before or hadn't gotten a deer before. The year I took my stepson, he did the same as your daughter. We had two does within 50 yds but he never pulled the trigger. When the deer was broadside, he didn't have a shot. He was so excited and shaking that he had to talk to himself to calm the nerves. He was very disciplined. He was bummed but it was good learning moment. Better one like that than tracking a wounded deer that you don't find! His patience paid off as we was able to get his first deer later that year in gun season.

Top Bottom