• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I took a day off work today to meet the local DNR officer on our new property.
    The amount of questions I had were numerous.
    Unfortunately I didn't get an answer to ANY of them.

I drove a hour to get to the property, then waited 2.5 hours, and no-one showed!:xmad:
    I drove the hour back home and shot off an email to the DNR officer.

I was polite, and actually left open the possibility that I had made a scheduling mistake.
    It was only 1/2 hour or so before I received return call.
    He said after reading my email, he checked his calendar and it was blank. No meetings penned in.
    He then told me that he remembered talking to me on the phone and scheduling the meeting, and he knew exactly the property we purchased.
    He simply failed to enter our meeting on his calendar.

He did apologize, and we made other arrangements.
    I was really looking forward to our meeting...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That sucked. No call no show is my biggest pet peeve. I HATE when people waste my time.

A close second are people who change their minds and ghost* you instead of owning their change of heart and telling you. I can respect a change of heart, with no harm-no foul if nobody is out anything.

*new thing the kids are doing these days... rather than tell you they changed their mind on something like declining a job offer they previously accepted, they simply disappear and refuse to take your calls and respond to your repeated attempts to contact them.

There. Two rants out of the way. Shall we make this a rant thread? LOL

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    We want some work done at the ghuns compound, probably 50K+ worth. I had, not one, but two contractors coming out for estimates pull that same s**t.:xmad:

I expect that level of service from those who work for the .gov.
    But when I'm practically screaming to someone in the private sector, come take ALL my money, I expect a little more than, duh, forget to enter it into my calendar.:soapbox:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've learned the hard way, to confirm such meetings with people the day before, morning of, or some such. I know I've forgotten to schedule meetings or simply forgot "oh yeah, that is today, isn't it?"

Especially when you have to drive an hour to meet up, call first and make sure they haven't forgotten or maybe something's come up and they forgot to postpone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We just rolled all of our insurances on both homes and both trucks over to another agency that had much better rates. The insurance on the home we were refinancing was spot on and timely. That was the 20th of last month. All my policy's lapsed near that date.
    I had seen nothing come in the mail for the other house and the trucks. Called only to find out she failed to enter everything and get it going. Been 3 weeks with no insurance on our trucks and 1 house. Plus there was a rate increase the 1st of this month so my quotes were no good.
    Pi$$ed off does no way near cover this one. No body does their jobs anymore.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    We just rolled all of our insurances on both homes and both trucks over to another agency that had much better rates. The insurance on the home we were refinancing was spot on and timely. That was the 20th of last month. All my policy's lapsed near that date.
    I had seen nothing come in the mail for the other house and the trucks. Called only to find out she failed to enter everything and get it going. Been 3 weeks with no insurance on our trucks and 1 house. Plus there was a rate increase the 1st of this month so my quotes were no good.
    Pi$$ed off does no way near cover this one. No body does their jobs anymore.

I would suggest that you file a written complaint with the agency and the mother company, and cc them the complaint you file with the Indiana Insurance Commissioner. That was just gross incompetence and negligence. Where would you have been if something went wrong with the house or trucks? I would also find another agency/company before the current policies expire.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would suggest that you file a written complaint with the agency and the mother company, and cc them the complaint you file with the Indiana Insurance Commissioner. That was just gross incompetence and negligence. Where would you have been if something went wrong with the house or trucks? I would also find another agency/company before the current policies expire.

Yeah I am pretty Miffed. But we were sans any coverage and she got that ball rolling in about 20 minutes. Does not clear this up by any means and yes we are looking at options. The spouse is far more level headed in dealing with this crap so the ball is in her court.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've learned the hard way, to confirm such meetings with people the day before, morning of, or some such. I know I've forgotten to schedule meetings or simply forgot "oh yeah, that is today, isn't it?"

Especially when you have to drive an hour to meet up, call first and make sure they haven't forgotten or maybe something's come up and they forgot to postpone.

Actually, I had considered that, and dismissed the idea.
    After speaking to him on the phone I was confident we had a day/time set.
    I don't really blame him. I've been there myself.

There are days that my cell phone won't ring at all.
    Other days seems like I do nothing BUT talk on the phone.
    If I don't write it down NOW, it's as likely forgotten as not.

If I get another call, or turn to do "just this one thing", I'll forget to write it down.

I probably will confirm the next meet at least a day before.
    I tell people all the time,
    "Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most".

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute

X2

As for ghosting, we wanted to add a $15k porch last year. 8 contractors came out, only 2 submitted estimates. Even my local handyman didn't follow up. We moved forward with our him.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'm sort of an absent minded professor type, so I've been on both sides.

I got tired of feeling like a jerk for missing stuff, so I got a lot better at recording reminders.

I still get pissy when someone completely blows me off, though.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, supposedly my number has been passed along to the new hire, the guy who will actually be overseeing our area, and he is supposed to call me tomorrow to set a new appointment.
    I may still get some of my questions answered afterall.

I did ask the guy on the phone whether or not I needed to purchase a license to hunt deer on my own property.
    He told me he wasn't sure. Really? DNR doesn't know?
    He said he would find an answer and let me know.
    Less than 30 minutes later I had an email with a link to the I.C. covering this.
    No, I do NOT need a license to hunt deer on my own land. :rockwoot:
    I thought this was the case, but it's nice to hear it from an official source.

I'll update this thread after the meeting...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, supposedly my number has been passed along to the new hire, the guy who will actually be overseeing our area, and he is supposed to call me tomorrow to set a new appointment.
    I may still get some of my questions answered afterall.

I did ask the guy on the phone whether or not I needed to purchase a license to hunt deer on my own property.
    He told me he wasn't sure. Really? DNR doesn't know?
    He said he would find an answer and let me know.
    Less than 30 minutes later I had an email with a link to the I.C. covering this.
    No, I do NOT need a license to hunt deer on my own land. :rockwoot:
    I thought this was the case, but it's nice to hear it from an official source.

I'll update this thread after the meeting...

Lets hope any other officials you may have interactions with on your land is aware as well.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have one rule in life and that is "Trust No One With Anything". I do everything I can myself and don't rely on others. I wont wait around or hold stuff I have for sale. Its for sale until I get the cash in my hand paid in full and someone loads it up. I wont travel anymore and make people come to me.

I would have been hot if that happened to me and I would not have waited to act! Driving sucks and then to top it off you sat there on your thumb waiting around. Really sucks!

Top Bottom